Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 02:38 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,149,679 times

Advertisements

My family is in the process of relocating to the Baltimore area and are looking around Severna Park. We're wondering: if people don't buy into a community with water access, where do they go for water access? Where are public boat launches/piers/"beach" areas?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 04:32 AM

775 posts, read 1,785,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post
My family is in the process of relocating to the Baltimore area and are looking around Severna Park. We're wondering: if people don't buy into a community with water access, where do they go for water access? Where are public boat launches/piers/"beach" areas?

Thanks!
Anne Arundel County has more miles of waterfront than any county in MD. There are numerous community piers/ramps and several public boat ramps as well in the area. Sandy Point State Park (at the eastern end of College Parkway) is very popular with boaters in the area. It's large and well maintained. Ferry Point Marina is pretty new and I am not familiar with it except to say it is close to Severna Park off Rt 2 and apparently has well kept modern facilities. Don't worry, you'll find plenty of places to put you boat in in the Severna Park area. Hope this helps.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,486 times
I come down every other weekend from Boston, MA to visit my kids and I find this area not great for water access (unless one has access to a private/community dock) or beaches. Yes, there is Sandy Point State Park but this is not particularly special, and is often crowded. I have been spoiled up north where water access is rather easy (beaches/rivers/ponds/lakes etc).
I too would welcome some info from folk on this forum about how to get to the water. Not all of us own yachts or power boats and have regular moorings at the marina. HELP!

Old 09-04-2010, 06:43 AM

45,404 posts, read 60,592,880 times
The lack of public water access is a problem on both sides of the Bay. Anne Arundel has tried to address the issue sporadically over the years but always runs into a lot of local pushback so the idea is dropped again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore