Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 12:01 PM

14 posts, read 48,239 times

Advertisements

Relocating from Florida (don't ask why) and comparing apartments (like everyone else in Florida, our loan is underwater) in Columbia. Please provide your thoughts on safety, overall liveabiliy, and quality of life.

1. The Elms at Montjoy in Ellicott City, right on the Columbia line near 100 and 29.

2. Columbia Town Center Apartments right off 29 near the mall.

3. Berkshires of Columbia also near the mall in Columbia Town Center.

I have two kids, but I don't need feedback on schools since I have another thread on that.

We have plenty to spend in terms of rent, so if anyone can think of another really great place that has big apartments, please let me know.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 03:13 PM

332 posts, read 1,280,475 times
I would skip the Berkshires, it is centrally located but I did not like the vibe when I toured there.

Try Avalon Properties-
-Symphony Woods - major complaints - near Merryweather post where concerts are held
-Columbia
-Fairway Hills. Fairway Hills is actually 3 locations and pretty nice. The Woods is the newest and nices but mgmt is not the best and it is close to the 7-11 which has had trouble in the past (the Berkshires is right there as well).

You can also try the Grammercy at Town Center and check the apts. in Hickory Ridge - Clary's Forest area. Most of them did not availability when I was looking so I did not looking into them but it seems nice and peaceful in that area.

The Elms at Montjoy are nice but some people complained about the section 8 housing around the corner but IMO it is worth a look. You will find section 8 rentals in a lot of the apartment buildings throughout MD.

Unfortunately IMO, in Columbia/EC, you can not find a great apt., with good mgtmt and no problems, even if you are willing to pay for it. You will have to make a trade off somewhere.

I do like Towncenter, it is nice and has newer apts. If it is the apt building right next to the library, then the good and bad of it is that it is next to the library. Good with Children. Bad parking seemed like a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore