Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Attending a Maine Meet in Bangor, Maine
I'm interested. Near the End of August would be better 6 18.18%
I'm interested. The Beginning of September would be better. 19 57.58%
I need a different month to attend. 7 21.21%
I'm not really interested. 3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:29 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I know for sure I will not be attending the September 6th date at Sea Dog in Bangor. I was reminded by my brother of a prior commitment. That happens to be the date of the Great State of Maine Air Show at Brunswick Naval Air Station featuring the Blue Angels.

Perhaps another time!
How about October 4? We could make it a "first Saturday" sort of thing... anyone who is in town c'mon down to the Sea Dog...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 08:56 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
How about October 4? We could make it a "first Saturday" sort of thing... anyone who is in town c'mon down to the Sea Dog...
Of course... that sounds good too.

Do you know how many trips to Bangor I have made this month?
I did two last week, and I was there yesterday and Monday. My car has seen more time in Bangor then Calais.

I would enjoy going very much. I don't know why we can't plan one montly, just in case it's easier for others.

Count me in.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:27 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
October 4th my cousin from California is coming to town to join us on our annual bird hunting trip which starts on the 6th. I have to pick him up in Manchester NH.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:51 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
October 4th my cousin from California is coming to town to join us on our annual bird hunting trip which starts on the 6th. I have to pick him up in Manchester NH.
(looks at maineah in a hummm ~way)

*now gets sarcastic*
Oh I can't make it either, I've been picked for the space shuttle launch in October... there's no way out of it either.
Bummmer.
Darn NASA... it's always about them.. what about me.
Oh and November.. I'll be receiving the nomination for United Nations.
December that weekend I will be donating a kidney.
January looks tied up with driving for Earnhart Jr again.
February I'm seeing penciled in a trip to North Pole to study the polar bears
March .... maybe good.

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 07-31-2008 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: I'm rotten peachie ain't I?

Old 07-31-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
(looks at maineah in a hummm ~way)

*now gets sarcastic*
Oh I can't make it either, I've been picked for the space shuttle launch in October... there's no way out of it either.
Bummmer.
Darn NASA... it's always about them.. what about me.
Oh and November.. I'll be receiving the nomination for United Nations.
December that weekend I will be donating a kidney.
January looks tied up with driving for Earnhart Jr again.
February I'm seeing penciled in a trip to North Pole to study the polar bears
March .... maybe good.
You sound kind of busy too! Going up to fix the Hubble space telescope one last time are you? Good for you!
November weekends are out for me as it's deer season. Unless you want to try a Sunday. December might be ok though we'll probably get a storm....maybe March....or April....you can't rush these things. I was probably 10 feet from Mollysmiles at the Clam Festival in Yarmouth and never even knew it!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:21 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
ohhh....don't pull me into this Mr Busy as you wiggle out of everything! lol AND, you would have known it because DH would have know *you*

Peachie, I had the same trouble with NASA a couple of years ago BTW....finally just had to tell them they were cramping my style. They are very unreasonable....good luck with it all

(now I have to go change my t-shirt....I dribbled through the laughter )

Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
ohhh....don't pull me into this Mr Busy as you wiggle out of everything! lol AND, you would have known it because DH would have know *you*

Peachie, I had the same trouble with NASA a couple of years ago BTW....finally just had to tell them they were cramping my style. They are very unreasonable....good luck with it all

(now I have to go change my t-shirt....I dribbled through the laughter )
Yes I'm a wiggly one! If the Air show gets rained out I'll go to Bangor!
I was in the back of the Amvets Clamcake Booth! DH probably wouldn't have seen me!! I would have hooked you guys up with some clamcakes if you had come around.

Next year I'll send you notice of when Brian and I are working in the booth and there will be no excuses tolerated!

This NASA thing is probably some code word you Sunrise County girls have for something fishy and I walked in to the middle of it!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:56 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,660 times
i cant make it.why you ask.becouse i dont want to be the only dude there.
my wife cant make it becouse she has class for the next 3 weeks.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:58 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,973,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post

Mensaguy will be there, he was hoping to not be the only yo-yo, so you need to come.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
If the 6th is supposed to be a washout I'll go up to Bangor. I had forgotten all about the Air Show until my brother reminded me yesterday when he was helping me pick up my windows at Home Depot. oops! I had told him a long time ago we'd plan to go.
I could drive to Baileyville sometime and meet you Ya Ya's (you really need a new name like Sunrise County girls or something,Ya ya's makes me think you should be in a funny farm LOL.) at The Nook and Cranny. I'd never complain about being the only guy in a room full of women!!! Most weekdays I have lots of time on my hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area