Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Attending a Maine Meet in Bangor, Maine
I'm interested. Near the End of August would be better 6 18.18%
I'm interested. The Beginning of September would be better. 19 57.58%
I need a different month to attend. 7 21.21%
I'm not really interested. 3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 01:43 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
The China Jade over by the movie theaters behind the mall is very good. They have plenty of parking and they also have American style food. Prices are reasonable. With enough people you can get a private room.

Everybody has a "Bangor list" they keep for when they go.

Holy Cow! Msina has over a half mil views of her posts. It seems like just yesterday when she hit $250,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
SeaDog Brewing in Bangor is a nice place. It's on Front Street. Good food, great beer and the place can handle a crowd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Sounds good to me.

Don't know where for a place though, I don't eat out much these days.
I think a private room is what may work well like Northern Maine Land Man mentioned.
For me, I'm not to picky on where we go as long as I can have a drink, a nibble of food and plenty of room for us to sit (I have eatten at the Jade, it's good. I haven't had the Sea Dog, but have heard nice things too. (DH and I have been luncheon visitors to Oliva Garden lately with our trips to Bangor because of all the salad and breadsticks~ oh and the peach ice tea.(Yum)

So no matter where we really pick... getting together was our hopes when we met Tuesday. Besides, somepeople may have the chance to stay later and travel over to the Sea Dog for a great meal too.

I just want to beat the moose home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 01:49 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,660 times
your going to need a big table to put every one at.then one by one we could stand up and intro our selves kinda like AA (hello im ranger and im a typaholic)

Old 07-17-2008, 01:53 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,647,685 times
Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm in! Has anyone been able to get into the Olive Garden in Bangor? Every time we try it's packed to the gills!

Old 07-17-2008, 02:32 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,274 times
TIming is not a big issue with me.. .you need a "I don't care about the month" category!

I have eaten at olive garden several times for lunch... you just have to be early!!

Old 07-17-2008, 02:35 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobjuan View Post
Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm in! Has anyone been able to get into the Olive Garden in Bangor? Every time we try it's packed to the gills!
Yeah... it's always packed. I don't think that would work, and I love to enjoy the "peach tea too".

But........a private room for us would be probably the best. We can be more social since it would be our room.
When we do agree... I could call and reserve for us. That way everything will be planned.
For me, the trip to Bangor will be also a trip to get things I need so I can go up early and do my running around before we meet.

This will be alot of fun.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:30 PM

222 posts, read 529,935 times
Smile Bangor

Sounds good if it is before school starts!

Old 07-17-2008, 07:48 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobjuan View Post
I've never been impressed by the Olive Garden. I hear the Mexican restaurant on the Hogan Road is decent. Sea Dog really sounds like my kind of place, though.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:13 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,558 times
Sounds great! Why don't we all get together at that bowling alley Forest Beekeeper is always talking about

Old 07-17-2008, 09:31 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
I don't think the Volvo could make it all the way to Bangor! You should simulcast it to Southern Maine ....to save gas of course.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:48 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I don't think the Volvo could make it all the way to Bangor! You should simulcast it to Southern Maine ....to save gas of course.
You should be ashamed of yourself for maligning the poor Volvo that way! The only one I have known personally wouldn't quit for anything... far as I know it's still running around somewhere on the western slope of Colorado.

Besides I am not sure what side of that bloody imaginary line Bangor is supposed to be on, anyway. (or does it shift, like the tides?)

I'll be glad to bring my laptop and cam, but I am not sure if we will be able to get reliable wireless broadband up here in the boonies of Bangor (unless we meet at the library, that is...) LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area