Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 06:19 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,135,138 times

Advertisements

Midwest still kicking butt, Cardinals pecking away on the Braves as we speak, 13-1, Braves are out of luck, and out of time, so long suckers, see you next year. Was shocked when I got home from work. The Braves will be cryin' tonight, "OOOH OH OH, OOOH OH OH".

The Brewers got the better of the Cubs again this year, but next year the Cubs will be back with a new manager, and perhaps regain some momentum. Brewers had another shot this year, and blew it. Fun while it lasted, and they made the post season exciting last year, until the beer ran out. The Indians had smallpox this year, but they will be back in force someday.

Also a little shocked at how efficiently the Yankee banditos put away the Twins, I smell Yankee power and it alarms me. They must be stopped. Hard to believe the Astros are having such a hard time with the Rays, and the Dodgers need to go all 5 games to put away the Nationals. Really? Can the Cardinals hang in there and do something about this horrible east coast intrusion that the Red Sox started last year? If the Dodgers lose the pennant race, could this be the final blow to Tommy Lasorda? Will he be able survive another winter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 08:32 AM

20,875 posts, read 9,563,933 times
Finally I've found a complete list.

Of the top 10 rated teams, 7 are in the Midwest, 8 if we want to include Pittsburgh as an honorary Midwest city. The Royals sucked this year, but they were still ranked 9th:

https://specials-images.forbesimg.co...1333/960x0.jpg

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybr.../#fbba1a03f89e

The only Midwest team that did poorly were the White Sox.

This looks like different ratings from the one I reported earlier, but the Midwest dominates in both.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:16 PM

20,875 posts, read 9,563,933 times
Yet another interesting chart I just found. This is for 2017 but you get the general idea. Somebody on reddit made this map:

2017 MLB Games Attended Per Capita

Could we say Missouri is the top baseball state?

Old 10-21-2019, 05:07 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,071,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Yet another interesting chart I just found. This is for 2017 but you get the general idea. Somebody on reddit made this map:

2017 MLB Games Attended Per Capita

Could we say Missouri is the top baseball state?
I’d say that was possibly the case back when KC was winning the pennant and World Series, and their fans were actually attending games. Going by the last couple years attendance though, KC is now way down the list.

They drew 2,557,712 in 2016 (correlates with your chart), but only 1,479,659 (2019) and 1,665,107 (2018), the last two years.

I’m not saying the Royals are really motivating the fans to show up with their roster construction and record, but there are metros that draw consistently better with bad teams than KC. KC has shown historically that they only show up when the team is really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball