Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 07:49 AM

8,983 posts, read 17,308,092 times

Advertisements

The Pacers have fired Jim O'Brien. I watched the presser yesterday when they introduced the interim coach, Frank Vogel. I was liking what he had to say. Hopefully Paul George gets more playing time at the 2 or 3 and Brandon Rush can be moved.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:09 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,978,837 times
The Nets boo Melo but cheer for K-Mart lol and the Nets get the win. Devin Harris played a great game. If I was a Nets fan, I wouldn't want Melo.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:44 PM

371 posts, read 597,763 times
Mavs won last night, 102-92 over the Wizards last night, I believe. At 32-15, they're just two wins away from tying a season-high 19 games over .500 again. Jason Kidd came 1 rebound shy of a triple-double. (11 pts, 11 assists)

Old 02-01-2011, 05:48 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,547,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
With games coming up against Detroit, Toronto, Philly and Washington in the Eastern swing of the RRT I would not call these the scariest teams San Antonio will face this season, but you never know. In fact the Western swing, which features games against Portland, Sac and the *cough* LA Lakers, doesn't appear all that tough either. Except for the fact that all of them are road games I'd say that most of the teams on this trip are pretty lousy and I wouldn't be surprised if the mighty Spurs sweep the thing.
I think the Spurs are due for a really bad game and it would most likely come in either against the Blazers or Lakers, so most likely a loss tonite or Thursday.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:01 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,100,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I think the Spurs are due for a really bad game and it would most likely come in either against the Blazers or Lakers, so most likely a loss tonite or Thursday.
spurs just had said game against the hornets. i expect the spurs win tonight in a blow out, and thursday in a close one. i think their only loss on the trip comes to the bulls on the last game of a very long trip.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:09 PM

927 posts, read 1,391,300 times
If LA shot like he did tonight against the Spurs every night not only would he be an All-Star he would very likely make Portland a solid contender. But of course we all know he doesn't play like he did tonight with any kind of consistency. San Antonio looked very much like they were looking ahead to Thursday night against the Lakers. Especially in the first half.

And when you get that kind of lackadaisical effort from the silver and black things do not usually turn out well. Case in point, tonight's loss.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,978,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Good prediction

I think they're going to loose to the Bulls too. It may be a Bulls and Lakers loss, I doubt they win both.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:49 PM

927 posts, read 1,391,300 times
Still though, when this RRT is over San Antonio will still be atop the West and the league for that matter. I just want the thing to end soon so that the Spurs can enter a period when they'll be playing more home games. Given trends San Antonio is a lock to win the West much sooner than anyone that follows the league expected anyway.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:23 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,100,025 times
i knew it was going to be a long night when the spurs where 1-5 for the 1st 3 minutes of the game, or better yet 0-5 in the 1st 1 minute of the game. blair was a beast in the 1st half with a double double before half time. i turned it off at the half so i didnt see why he only scored 2 points and got 1 rebound in the 2nd half. (gym at 5 am sucks and i need all the beauty sleep i can get)

well a typical spurs bounce back game should be in store for thursday!

Old 02-02-2011, 06:00 PM

711 posts, read 1,144,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The Pacers have fired Jim O'Brien. I watched the presser yesterday when they introduced the interim coach, Frank Vogel. I was liking what he had to say. Hopefully Paul George gets more playing time at the 2 or 3 and Brandon Rush can be moved.
I think the Wizards coach going to be fired sooner or later. John Wall isn't doing good this season, I never got into the John Wall hype....folks go around saying stuff about and hype him up to be some sort of godly figure in the world of basketball....and plus success in college doesn't necessarily translate into success in the NBA......but based on what I'm hearing about this guy he better be having Michael Jordan type of numbers next season lol..... dude should've stayed in college.

C'mon Grizz! beat those Timberwolves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball