Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2010, 09:37 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,710,561 times

Advertisements

I take nothing from yesterday's Heat-Lakers game. Clearly the Heat wanted to make a statement, I would have thought the Lakers would have wanted to as well, but they didn't play like it. Still it's a December regular season game, we've all seen the Lakers show vulnerability before and still wind up playing in June. Mostly, this game was an opportunity to see how the teams match up.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:53 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,978,837 times
Oh I know and you're right, I still wanted the Lakers to win and the way Kobe felt after the game just broke my heart because I could feel his pain. Yes it's still way early in the season and they play them again in March which will be a real testament to how they match up but it was Christmas and there's already a lot of hype over holiday games and the fact that they were playing the Heat made it even more exciting. So yeah the game didn't mean anything at the end of the day but it would have been nice for the Lakers to have won on their home floor among their family and fans.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:57 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,100,025 times
i dont take anything from that one game per se, but this entire season they look hung over, tired, worn down, or disinterested, what ever you want to call it. with the exception of yesterday, and their loss to the jazz, (maybe the bulls, jury is still out on them as well) they have lost to a bunch of sub par teams. they have beaten the bulls and portland, those are their 2 best wins. there is no reason the lakers should be 21-9 and in 4th place with by far the leagues weakest schedule to date. they should be right up top fighting with the spurs and the mavs for 1st, especially with their schedule. they remind me of the 2007-08 spurs, hung over, expecting to "flip the switch" with the "seeding doesnt really mater as much" mentality and i expect it will bite them in the back side.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:41 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,710,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
the way Kobe felt after the game just broke my heart because I could feel his pain.

So yeah the game didn't mean anything at the end of the day but it would have been nice for the Lakers to have won on their home floor among their family and fans.
I didn't catch Kobe's post-game comments. What did he say?

I think win or lose, no matter really in December. It was the lack of effort on the Lakers end that was most disappointing. I really wanted both teams to 'bring their stuff', but only one team did. Kobe looked old and deadlegged, one thing if these two teams were to meet in the finals, Kobe's going to have his hands full trying to contain Wade and Lebron at different stretches of the game, PLUS score his usual 30. Artest is a step slower nowadays, not sure why as he's what, 31?

Old 12-26-2010, 11:28 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,978,837 times
Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSgD3CGEJDg

He did not want to be up there answering those questions and I don't blame him.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:49 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,547,338 times
The surprise really was how well Z played defense on Pau.....never expected that. Also, it is apparent now that Wade, at this stage of his career, is better than Kobe. He locked down Kobe and was able to penetrate or drive past Kobe at will offensively.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:38 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,398,566 times
I cannot ever remember how many Laker games I have walked away from in the last few minutes than this season. First I thought the Lakers were playing lame because Pao was tired and waiting for Bynam to return. Now there is no excuse except maybe the truth that the Lakers are just not as good as teams like the Heat. I don't mind Kobe getting angry but unless the Lakers are in some sort of doldrums than reality is that they are not as good a team as they were last year.

On the other hand, I am also reminded that the Lakers have historically never played all that well on Christmas day and have had less than spectacular seasons only to end up in the finals. I am curious how the Lakers will play against the Spurs this week.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:54 AM

711 posts, read 1,144,722 times
Good job Grizzlies! We beat the Pacers.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:50 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,547,338 times
God i hope the Heat lose tonight. Battier's gonna have to play his best D of the season tonite!!

Old 12-29-2010, 06:30 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,100,025 times
for the sake that i live in houston, and i cant stand all the hype that is the heat, i hope the rockets win BUT i dont expect it to happen. GO ROCKETS! oh and while i cant stand chris paul, i gotta go for the hornets as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball