Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 07:57 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,048,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Yeah but basketball is his place of work/business. That wasn't the time to express "friendship" especially with the issues that are between him and the city/team. It was very unprofessional and should not have taken place. What if he would have said something and someone who is not one of his friends on the Cavs team got involved just to start trouble? And now you have Daniel Gibson coming out saying Lebron upset him with his interaction with the team during the game. It should not have taken place period. It left too much opportunity for something bad to take place that's why security rushed him off the court when the game was over because he didn't need to be personally interacting with anyone from the Cavs/fans. All of them have cell phones so if he wanted talk to them he should have done it before or after the game. Hec they could have met for lunch for all I care but there shouldn't have been all that conversing going on during the game.

I agree it was ODD looking and I didn't expect it. By the way, the Heat won again tonight

Old 12-04-2010, 10:32 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,978,532 times
Damn Chandler is the best thing to happen to the Mavs. I might have to restore my faith in them before the playoffs.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:50 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,397,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Damn Chandler is the best thing to happen to the Mavs. I might have to restore my faith in them before the playoffs.
I've always felt that Tyson was under-rated and glad he is demonstrating his basketball skills. In-fact, Dallas has been on a pretty good run lately; also San Antonio & Utah in the West and Miami, Boston, Orlando in the East. Lakers have dropped to 4th in the Western conference but at least put a stop to a deadly 4 game losing streak. Haven't quite figured out what ails the Lakers since Gasol's hamstring injury isn't all that bad [though he has been playing more minutes than all other players in the NBA]. Bynum's return, whenever that occurs, should greatly assist Gasol.

Overall the teams that looked like they would be in the lead at the start of the season are still there now. Clippers show occasional brilliance and may be a sleeper team by play off time.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I've always felt that Tyson was under-rated and glad he is demonstrating his basketball skills. In-fact, Dallas has been on a pretty good run lately; also San Antonio & Utah in the West and Miami, Boston, Orlando in the East. Lakers have dropped to 4th in the Western conference but at least put a stop to a deadly 4 game losing streak. Haven't quite figured out what ails the Lakers since Gasol's hamstring injury isn't all that bad [though he has been playing more minutes than all other players in the NBA]. Bynum's return, whenever that occurs, should greatly assist Gasol.

Overall the teams that looked like they would be in the lead at the start of the season are still there now. Clippers show occasional brilliance and may be a sleeper team by play off time.
I have always liked the Mavs but they started pissing me off with their great regular season play then when they'd get to the playoffs and choke, so this season I told myself that I wasn't going to really pay attention to them until playoffs because I'm tired of the disappointment. But after catching a couple games recently I can't help but notice the huge impact Chandler has made to the Mavs. If they can make it through without any major injuries, I def see them making a big run in the playoffs. However I'm still trying to conceal my excitement because it's still very early in the season and things really don't start getting serious until after the trade deadline but I can't help but be impressed with Chandler's addition to the Mavs especially after tonights game. The old Mavs would have lost that game.

Last edited by Shysister; 12-05-2010 at 01:47 AM..

Old 12-08-2010, 12:38 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,251,504 times
10 straight for Dallas with a 105-100 win over the GS Warriors. And yes Chandler has been a great pick-up thus far (hope he gets over his stomach virus soon). I'm also liking what I see from Terry so far this season.

Also excited that Roddy B could return in a few weeks.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:26 PM

Nuggets & Boston tonight. I doubt the Nuggets pull it off coming off a back to back that they lost to the Bobcats.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:08 PM

Well Melo is out due to right knee problems which I knew something had to be going on with him because he's been in a slump since after Thanksgiving and him being out there and not playing well will def hurt his trade value.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:15 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,538,446 times
Mavs are all hype. They will have long win streaks only to lose again in the playoffs

Old 12-09-2010, 03:53 PM

Heat beat Utah, wasn't expecting that.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 PM

927 posts, read 1,391,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Mavs are all hype. They will have long win streaks only to lose again in the playoffs
You're right about that. Dallas normally has a terrific regular season but then fails miserably some way or another in the playoffs. I don't know why that is exactly. I guess they cannot stand real success so they find a way to foul things up in the post-season. It's got to be a mental thing. Because they've got the talent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball