Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Heat in 4 0 0%
Heat in 5 2 9.52%
Heat in 6 6 28.57%
Heat in 7 0 0%
Bulls in 4 1 4.76%
Bulls in 5 1 4.76%
Bulls in 6 7 33.33%
Bulls in 7 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 07:37 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I see you changed your status math, I tried to send you a rep point for honoring our bet, but said I had to spread it around. Maybe Orangeish can do it on my behalf...?
All good, despite my team being eliminated I am also a fan of the NBA that didn't just hop on the bandwagon.

This is an exciting playoffs, one of the best I've seen and the finals should prove no different. I would be 50/50 on whom to cheer for this finals BUT....my tie-breaker always goes to the team that hasn't won it all so I'm going to root for Dallas.

I know a lot of people hate Cuban but the guy gets $hit done. He has turned a craptastic franchise into a top notch team and after getting pwned years back they re-tooled to a defensive team with offensive tools as well.

Cuban is good for the NBA, it's nice to see some passion in the stands too instead of a bunch of "Beckys" with guys 20 years older than them texting about thier dog and how much loving thier gonna have to give "grandpa" if they are going to want to get to go to the next game with them to further their *acting* career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 07:37 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I see you changed your status math, I tried to send you a rep point for honoring our bet, but said I had to spread it around. Maybe Orangeish can do it on my behalf...?
I have no power over the rep feature and you two already have too much of my rep power to begin with. Sorry.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:43 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I know a lot of people hate Cuban but the guy gets $hit done. He has turned a craptastic franchise into a top notch team and after getting pwned years back they re-tooled to a defensive team with offensive tools as well.

Cuban is good for the NBA, it's nice to see some passion in the stands too instead of a bunch of "Beckys" with guys 20 years older than them texting about thier dog and how much loving thier gonna have to give "grandpa" if they are going to want to get to go to the next game with them to further their *acting* career.
Personally I love Cuban too, yeah his mouth can land him in hot water, but he is genuinely a fan, unlike some owners that seem very far removed from the game.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:49 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,756 times
Bah, wishful thinking Bulls in 5, lol, it was the other way around, oh well, the Bulls are a younger team, looks like Lebron James and Co, are going all the way, I am hoping they won't, but it seems that way.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:09 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Actually only 3 but we will cut you some slack since you hopped on the bandwagon late.
Haha. I never was on the bandwagon. As I mentioned before, I'm not a fan of either team. If anything, I should be against the Heat since they put my hometown team out in the first round. I'm fickle when it comes to pro basketball; I sometimes change my allegiance in the middle of a series. When it comes to college ball, on the other hand, it's the North Carolina Tar Heels all the way.

I just called it how I saw it. I just didn't think they had the talent and experience to win that series. It has nothing to with being on a bandwagon.

Btw, I would like to see J. Kidd win, but I don't think it's possible with Nowitzki on his team. Don't be surprised if the Mavs take a commanding 2-0 lead like they did in '05 and then squander it.

The Mavs are the Jana Novotna of the basketball world. But even she eventually won the big one, so maybe they are due.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ObApMX_wLo

Old 05-27-2011, 08:59 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Drose got no rest the whole quarter.

People always blame rose.

Heat have 3 guys to depend on.

You gotta give DRose a rest once in a while.

He's 22.

Without rose the bulls would not have made it this far. They made it VERY far.

We where one of the last 4 teams out of 30.

They did awesome, they're a young team. They can only improve and get farther in the future.

And also....

YouTube - ‪LeBron James Flop Vs Chicago Bulls Game 5‬‏

That was funny though... on the reals
Honestly, from what i've seen on other forums/boards, the people that blame Rose are mostly Bulls fans. All i can say about him is that he is a fighter. He would be an ideal teammate. Like Spo said, "He's like trying to contain a tornado. It's unpredictable, the explosiveness".

Old 05-27-2011, 10:25 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,199,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Honestly, from what i've seen on other forums/boards, the people that blame Rose are mostly Bulls fans. All i can say about him is that he is a fighter. He would be an ideal teammate. Like Spo said, "He's like trying to contain a tornado. It's unpredictable, the explosiveness".
Oh, I agree.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:05 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
If Bulls fans aren't pleased with Rose, then just trade him to the Sixers please! It's not like the Bulls can't get to the ECF next year without him.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:17 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
I'm not going to blame the refs, but yeah....the veteran Heat sure know how to ahem "draw" fouls. Frankly, as a fan I don't want to see some fake flop and then a wink to the coach....after laying there pretending to be hurt, that should be a fine and maybe a 1 game vacation. NO ONE wants the NBA to turn into Euro soccer flopstastic.
I hear LeBron is applying for Spanish citizenship so he can join Spain's national soccer team.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:56 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,199,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I hear LeBron is applying for Spanish citizenship so he can join Spain's national soccer team.
Loolz Flopamania
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball