Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,492,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If the Bulls need Deng to beat this Knicks team then there will be a huge problem come playoff time. Unless the Bulls are resting players for that big matchup on ESPN against the Miami heat on Wednesday night.
They are missing two starters and roses backup. Calling the bulls fraudulent is so dumb. They have the best record in the league and have been plagued with injuries up and down the roster. Obviously they don't matchup well with the heat and will have a tough time with them in the playoffs but that doesn't make them frauds.

Anyways, I was at the game tonight and the crowd was great. Derrick shot poorly in the first half but shot well in the 2nd.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
They are missing two starters and roses backup. Calling the bulls fraudulent is so dumb. They have the best record in the league and have been plagued with injuries up and down the roster. Obviously they don't matchup well with the heat and will have a tough time with them in the playoffs but that doesn't make them frauds.

Anyways, I was at the game tonight and the crowd was great. Derrick shot poorly in the first half but shot well in the 2nd.
Well since the Bulls have the best record in the league I judge them based on what the Heat is doing and losing to the knicks at home would not have looked good at all so it's good they did pull it all at the end with Rose taking over and doing what he does best. Now everything is set up for the big game on wednesday between the Bulls and Heat on ESPN. I just hope the Bulls are able to get Deng back so they can have almost everyone when the heat comes to town. Can't wait should be a great game on Wednesday night.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:10 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Lin makes $800k, anybody could have had Lin regardless of their salary cap situation. His salary cap number is irrelevant. Hell the Knicks were over the cap when they signed him. Perhaps you need to read up before pretending you know what your talking about.
Hey but while the knicks are losing at least they can take comfort in the fact that they got a good deal for 20 games on their point guard. Do they get a trophy for that?
Yes, there are certain exceptions to the cap but they aren't big enough to replace Lin with a quality PG that would command 6+ mil a year.

I seriously doubt they will even be able to afford to keep Lin due to cap issues.

I'm merely objecting to your claim that they should just "spend the money" to replace Lin with someone better. Pray tell, how are you gonna do that?

Simple question, explain how the Knicks can make an attractive offer to a decent free agent PG?

Old 03-13-2012, 10:13 AM
FBJ

Well hopefully the Knicks can beat the Blazers on wednesday because I don't see them beating the Pacers on Friday and Saturday.

BTW: D'Atoni had the look last night like he knows he will be gone soon.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:17 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well hopefully the Knicks can beat the Blazers on wednesday because I don't see them beating the Pacers on Friday and Saturday.

BTW: D'Atoni had the look last night like he knows he will be gone soon.
The Dolans are idiots. I wouldn't be shocked if they offered D'Antoni a raise and contract extension instead.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:22 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The Dolans are idiots. I wouldn't be shocked if they offered D'Antoni a raise and contract extension instead.
Then again since ticket sales and cable ratings have went up since Lin was inserted in the lineup he may not go anywhere until the end of the season when they miss the playoffs.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 AM

Quick fun, and pretty meaningless stat on the Bulls. They haven't lost back to back games in the regular season since Feb 2011 - a franchise record. Pretty cool considering the great teams they had in the 90s. Obviously if you count the playoffs they lost 4 in a row to Miami though.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:35 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,674,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I'm merely objecting to your claim that they should just "spend the money" to replace Lin with someone better. Pray tell, how are you gonna do that?
The claim you are "objecting" to you clearly made up because I never said it. Lin's value is what he produces on the court and nothing else, how much money he makes is not of any significance. And Baron Davis already plays for the Knicks.
Salary Cap issues are solved during the offseason and when you get a good cap number out of a starting position you can plan and improve the other positions.
The Knicks clearly didn't plan Lin's surplus value on other positions because they didn't think he had any value and sat him on the bench for most of the season.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:18 PM

207 posts, read 354,018 times
Huge numbers tonight for Bynum 37 points 15-18 from the field 83% 16 rebounds in a barnburner in Memphis. Lakers winning in double overtime 116-111. Bynum is a monster in the paint and without a doubt NBA MVP material. Bryant added 34 points maintaining his lead for the NBA scoring title. Looking forward to the playoffs.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:01 AM

Well, Bulls/Heat tonight in a later tipoff for Chicago (830 local). Bulls are still pretty beat up, thought there were whispers yesterday Deng may play tonight. I assume the refs will be even harder on Rose tonight after his comments following the Knicks game. Bulls coming off a win, heat coming off a loss, seems like a perfect time for a Heat win, but we shall see. Either way, these Miami/Chicago games are always fun and I'll be watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball