Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 12:08 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,140,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Lin showed signs of exhaustion last night in the second half which is understandable because of the minutes he has been playing all week and had just beat the Lakers on Friday. I think Lin would be happy to see them come back because he won't have to play 39 mins and not take as many shots
With them coming back soon and Baron Davis also on his way, he will get whatever rest he needs and they wont be so dependant on him. I don't see him being removed as the starter though. Why mess with a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 12:12 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
With them coming back soon and Baron Davis also on his way, he will get whatever rest he needs and they wont be so dependant on him. I don't see him being removed as the starter though. Why mess with a good thing.
they have to play him regardless of who comes back because the fans love him.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:54 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
they have to play him regardless of who comes back because the fans love him.
Yeah. I'd bet my house on them starting Lin.

Lin, Chandler, Amare, Carmelo....and if the latter 2 dudes pull their head out and try hard this is *potentially* a team that could actually be a real playoff team and not just one that sneaks into the playoffs with a losing record.

I've had zero respect for the Knicks for a long time and I find myself rooting for them. I think I need to go lie down.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:12 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah. I'd bet my house on them starting Lin.

Lin, Chandler, Amare, Carmelo....and if the latter 2 dudes pull their head out and try hard this is *potentially* a team that could actually be a real playoff team and not just one that sneaks into the playoffs with a losing record.

I've had zero respect for the Knicks for a long time and I find myself rooting for them. I think I need to go lie down.
Lin should really be productive with two stars on the floor now.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Lin should really be productive with two stars on the floor now.
*stars* ?

Those are 2 guys that can only hurt you with the ball in their hands and Carmelo is shooting under 40%.

So, tell me how carmelo going 10-26 each night is going to make Lin productive?

I am less worried about Amare, he knows how to be fed.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:34 PM
FBJ

Quote:
*stars* ?

Those are 2 guys that can only hurt you with the ball in their hands and Carmelo is shooting under 40%.

So, tell me how carmelo going 10-26 each night is going to make Lin productive?

I am less worried about Amare, he knows how to be fed.
Because he has more players who can contribute offensively unlike the past 5 games?

Old 02-12-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Because he has more players who can contribute offensively unlike the past 5 games?
We shall see.

You really can't fathom how they can regress?

I already spelled it out, less defense and Carmelo launching up some bad shots and.....there is a 4-6pts a game differential. That's the difference between a 2nd round playoff team and one watching in the post-season.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:50 PM
FBJ

Quote:
We shall see.

You really can't fathom how they can regress?

I already spelled it out, less defense and Carmelo launching up some bad shots and.....there is a 4-6pts a game differential. That's the difference between a 2nd round playoff team and one watching in the post-season.
Well if the coach can't figure out how to make it work then he will be fired

Old 02-13-2012, 06:40 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,593,950 times
Quote:
Well if the coach can't figure out how to make it work then he will be fired
...Which could very well be what James Dolan is thinking, as well. His peculiar attraction to Isiah Thomas has not abated in the least, and the possibility of his return to send the franchise into the abyss once more is a real possibility.

Meanwhile, the idea that Carmelo Anthony isn't going to get his lion's share of playing time is patently ridiculous. The Knicks gave away much more than they had to in order to get him in the first place, and the difference in salary between Anthony and Lin leaves no doubt as to who's going to start and who's going to ride the bench. (The fact that they've been winning with Lin is nothing more than a nice headline in the papers).

Old 02-13-2012, 07:15 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
the difference in salary between Anthony and Lin leaves no doubt as to who's going to start and who's going to ride the bench.
Except Lin is a point guard, and Carmelo is a small forward, so they aren't competing directly for a role in the starting lineup. The pickle is whether Lin has made Baron Davis expendable, or at least relegated to a bench role, since Davis would be the one competing with Lin for the starting point guard job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball