Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 04:20 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,125,951 times

Advertisements

So far my Spurs are doin ok. They are 8-1, running and gunning. I think this year they will be at least a 3 or 4 seed when it comes playoff time. What you thing NBA pro???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 07:16 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,137,651 times
They're doing better than ok, they should be playoff contenders

Old 11-17-2010, 07:40 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,836 times
they released GEE so they are sitting on 12 man roster. league minimum is 13 so they have 2 weeks to get there. with anderson out i am wondering who will back up RJ, and how long before they sign someone. there isnt a lot of depth out there at the 3 spot right now.

i am liking everything but the defense, they need a bit more from splitter on that end and blair is weak on defense but his hustle and rebounding are making up for it with the weak schedule right now.

bottom line they surely need to step up the defense and soon, the schedule has been really week and is about to get a whole lot tougher.

GO SPURS GO!

Old 11-17-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
they released GEE so they are sitting on 12 man roster. league minimum is 13 so they have 2 weeks to get there. with anderson out i am wondering who will back up RJ, and how long before they sign someone. there isnt a lot of depth out there at the 3 spot right now.

i am liking everything but the defense, they need a bit more from splitter on that end and blair is weak on defense but his hustle and rebounding are making up for it with the weak schedule right now.

bottom line they surely need to step up the defense and soon, the schedule has been really week and is about to get a whole lot tougher.

GO SPURS GO!
Yup their D is bout a C- minus as of now. But after lookin at box scores almost after every game, they have improved in one catogory I love. Free throw % so far is in the low 80s. Most Spurs teams are the mid 70's so ill take that over D anytime at this point in the season.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:31 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,007 times
A great win last night for the guys in silver and black. It was as if Pop flipped on a switch during halftime with the way the team exploded in the third quarter. By the time the quarter was over the game was essentially over. No fourth quarter comeback by Derrick Rose would change that fact.

San Antonio will get its toughest test of the season thus far when they travel to Salt Lake City for a game with the Jazz on Friday night. Now that will be a game to watch. Utah is tough and resilient and the Spurs haven't had much luck playing in their place. But this year's Spurs team is every bit as tough as Utah.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:11 AM

Utah will be a good test. Im really excited about the next 5 up coming games. Clev-Orlando- Dallas and 2nd match up with their only loss - NO Hornets. If they can be on the better side of .500 it will answer two major question marks I think alot of critics and fans may have. Health and the ability to shoot 45+% from field. Or simply put, can the Spurs shoot consistant. We will see!

GO SPURS GO

Old 11-20-2010, 10:28 AM

Great win in Utah for the guys last night. And congrats to Tim for topping David's scoring record as a Spur. After wins at Oklahoma City and Utah the critics can drop the "poor quality of opponents" knock and begin accepting the Spurs as the best team in the West now.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:33 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,384,032 times
Very interesting how the Spurs put the Jazz away when both the Heat and the Magic crumpled under Utah. The Western conference is vastly superior to the East; can't wait for the All Star game.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:41 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Great win in Utah for the guys last night. And congrats to Tim for topping David's scoring record as a Spur. After wins at Oklahoma City and Utah the critics can drop the "poor quality of opponents" knock and begin accepting the Spurs as the best team in the West now.
i have to disagree on one thing, tim duncan is NOT teh all time SPURS scorer. ice man is still the top spurs UNLESS you take away the time THE SPURS where ABA. tim duncan is the leading NBA SPURS scorer though so congrats to tim getting 2nd. (he will not catch girvin).

i say the tests are still out there but a couple of very quality opponents. a local board wanted to bet me between the spurs and rockets who would be better. if i lose i have to post a rainbow "gay" flag for my screen name picture for 6 months. if i win the other guy has to leave the forum for good.

gonna say so far im looking pretty good on that one.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:34 AM

Orlando rolls into town to take on the Spurs. If the Magic are all they're cracked up to be they should manhandle the Spurs right? Uh, no. Look for another dominant and very efficient showing by the silver and black tomorrow night. I could be wrong but I see San Antonio blowing this one wide open once Howard gets into his usual big game foul trouble. Nelson is no match for Tony for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball