Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 01:48 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,105,242 times

Advertisements

Well the Heat come back from a 16 point deficit to extend their winning streak to 14 games. I just knew the Knicks would win this game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 08:12 AM

78,647 posts, read 60,839,402 times
I'm getting sick of the regular season at this point.

Bring on the playoffs.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:43 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,285,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Bring on the playoffs.
LOL.

Last year's shortened season spoil you or what? lol.

I don't want it to stop, because the Lakers aren't in the playoffs yet, but gaining some ground.

I will be very surprised if they beat the Thunder tonight.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:25 PM

432 posts, read 611,707 times
I drove to Philly so me and my friends could go to the sixers game. Not a sixers fan but good luck sixers!

Old 03-05-2013, 04:16 PM
FBJ

TNT Basketball on a Tuesday Night...........nice doubleheader

Celtics at Sixers.........7pm

Lakers at Thunder.........9:30pm

Old 03-06-2013, 05:16 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,812,090 times
Quote:

Bring on the playoffs.
I'm sick of hearing the media outlets, ESPN for example, pumping up the Lakers when the team sits under .500 and would miss the playoffs if the season ended today. They have an article talking about their 17 point loss last night and how it shows they can hang with the elite teams in the west.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I'm sick of hearing the media outlets, ESPN for example, pumping up the Lakers when the team sits under .500 and would miss the playoffs if the season ended today. They have an article talking about their 17 point loss last night and how it shows they can hang with the elite teams in the west.
They can't, but at this stage of the season you have to try to generate excitement artificially or otherwise. There really isn't any drama out there right now other than the Lakers trying to claw their way into the playoffs. The Heat, OKC, Spurs etc. are all just cruising along.

What you saw last night was the "tony parker" strategy that San Antonio used to employ against Pheonix in the playoffs.

They just take the ball right at Nash and wind up shooting a very high percentage.

LA has zero chance (if they even make the playoffs) of keeping CP3, Westbrook or Parker from torching them night after night after night....

Not to mention the lakers are still 2.5 games out and are running out of time. As I mentioned before it just might come down to the Houston-LA game at the very end of the season to determine which team gets to lose in the 1st round.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
I drove to Philly so me and my friends could go to the sixers game. Not a sixers fan but good luck sixers!
Gratz. Save that ticket stub. You can tell people years from now about when you got to see a bunch of HOFers play.

I have ALL of my old Bulls tix stubs.....Jordan, Pippen, Payton, Kemp, Shaq, Rodman.....it was at treat. Good memories.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM
FBJ

Quote:
They can't, but at this stage of the season you have to try to generate excitement artificially or otherwise. There really isn't any drama out there right now other than the Lakers trying to claw their way into the playoffs. The Heat, OKC, Spurs etc. are all just cruising along.

What you saw last night was the "tony parker" strategy that San Antonio used to employ against Pheonix in the playoffs.

They just take the ball right at Nash and wind up shooting a very high percentage.

LA has zero chance (if they even make the playoffs) of keeping CP3, Westbrook or Parker from torching them night after night after night....

Not to mention the lakers are still 2.5 games out and are running out of time. As I mentioned before it just might come down to the Houston-LA game at the very end of the season to determine which team gets to lose in the 1st round.

I have to say I was impressed at how the Lakers fought in the second half because there were so many times they had every reason to quit but they kept fighting and couldn't stop OKC from scoring at the end. But i just don't understand why teams don't try to shut westbrook down because I honestly believe he is the catalyst that gets OKC going.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I have to say I was impressed at how the Lakers fought in the second half because there were so many times they had every reason to quit but they kept fighting and couldn't stop OKC from scoring at the end. But i just don't understand why teams don't try to shut westbrook down because I honestly believe he is the catalyst that gets OKC going.
You can beat OKC if you can force westbrook into poor shots\decisions. Considering how young he is, that's going to get tougher and tougher to do as he grows and develops. The problem is that Westbrook has too much talent to just "shut down" unless you happen to have one of the top 2-3 defensive PG's in the game to hound him....and maybe not even then.

People get so caught up in Lebron and Durant that they forget just how good Wade, Westbrook etc. are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball