Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 11:25 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Lakers edge Warriors after injured Kobe Bryant exits game

Bryant stayed in the game until 3:06 remained despite obvious mobility limitations and two lengthy breaks to walk off an injury from early in the second half. The Lakers announced after the game that Bryant likely has a torn Achilles tendon and will undergo an MRI Saturday to confirm the initial diagnosis.

UPDATE: Kobe said he heard his Achilles pop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Damn shame

This is likely the season for him and the Lakers. Even with my disdain for Dwight Howard's game, I was hoping they would make the playoffs.

No surprise that they beat the Warriors tonight. Great run for the Lakers though. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:59 PM

466 posts, read 1,625,810 times
It has to be a partial tear. No full tear can limp off the court like that. If Kobe truly has a full tear, then he is the strongest player I've ever seen...

Old 04-13-2013, 12:01 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKirby View Post
It has to be a partial tear. No full tear can limp off the court like that. If Kobe truly has a full tear, then he is the strongest player I've ever seen...
He did say in the locker that he could not walk - but you are probably right.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
He did say in the locker that he could not walk - but you are probably right.
Oh he said he couldn't walk? that changes it a little bit. Maybe full tear after all. But the way he walked off the court didn't seem bad. He's a soldier.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:08 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times

Here is the pivotal clarification: Kobe’s torn Achilles’ tendon is expected to be a COMPLETE tear.
— KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) April 13, 2013

Last edited by JL; 04-13-2013 at 01:39 AM..

Old 04-13-2013, 02:29 AM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
A sad week for L.A. area sports.....

Kobe's injury tonight & Greinke's broken collarbone with the Dodger's last night. Two multi million dollar stars lost for a significant ammount of time.

I almost dread to see what may go down in the Anaheim-L.A. NHL game tomorrow night.....

Knock on wood......

Old 04-13-2013, 02:43 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,275,645 times
As Steve Blake said, (and I'm loosely paraphrasing) this is just another blow in an already crazy season.

As a Laker fan, I'm not glad that this happened, but if it had to happen I'm glad that its at this point in the season. Though at his age it could be a career ending injury. Heal time is about 6 months to 1 year. I'd bet on the former, though he'd still be coming back near the halfway part of the season.

I mean I think the Lakers have a decent enough team to win these last games, and in a way this makes them a bit more dangerous. The only bad thing is that we will have to either use Meeks or Duhon in the rotation and I'm not too happy about that. We need a solid person at 1 and 2, and that's something we don't have right now.

Plus, I think we have about the same odds as making the playoffs as before. And even when/if we do, I didn't really think we'd make it past the first round anyway.

This also means there will have to be some trades and movement in the off season. We need a solid PG and SG to fill his role for next season.

Lastly, there has been some talk in LA about how this is all D'Antoni's fault for not taking him out sooner. Kobe was playing way too many minutes and in some people's opinion the earlier trauma to the leg in addition to the fatigue was what caused this to happen. I personally think there might be some truth to that.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:10 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times
Tough break man, this guy has given his life, his body to basketball and father time is truly taking its toll now. I wish him recovery, I think he's earned the right to leave the game on his terms.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Tough break man, this guy has given his life, his body to basketball and father time is truly taking its toll now. I wish him recovery, I think he's earned the right to leave the game on his terms.
Poor guy, he's played through so many injuries I guess it was bound to happen, but then again he's never been seriously injured playing through minor injuries.

Lakers got Howard because it's going to be his team when Kobe leaves, now it's Howard's turn sooner than he thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball