Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:21 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.will View Post
I think that Pop made today mistakes. Really crucial ones.

1. Duncan was out of power in the 4 quater. There was no danger from him. All the points in the pain was made by Leonard. Imo Splitter should have players - he started this period really well.

2. Way to small line up on the end. Miami made 2 offensive rebounds which let them to score 2 3pointers. No bonner no Duncan no Splitter in play. Why? Small players didn't even jump to block 3 pointers they only stand didn't make even much pressure..

3. Why Greg decided to help miami to start 4th quater with such fire? There was +10 which was quickly changed into +3 or +4 only. Audience started to help miami which was really important and that made them believe.
Are you kidding me...EVERYONE was out of juice. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 07:53 AM

551 posts, read 1,122,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.will View Post
Not one mistake but several mistake. 1 moment - one most important game of the season.
Bro you sound salty as hell. Im sure every great player in this league has had a bad game before, i guess they are overrated too. Get over it, it was a great game and im rooting for SA.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:01 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,818 times
He made several key mistakes in the crucial part of the game. If Spoelstra would have made those mistakes then everyone would have been calling him stupid, dumb, terrible etc. I simply think he's overrated.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:36 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
I was hoping that they would foul. I can't remember how much time was on the clock at that point, but it wasn't a lot. You foul to prevent exactly the type of situation that transpired. I think we've all seen enough games where someone has drained a three-pointer at the end of regulation to send the game into OT. You eliminate that risk by fouling. The worst that can happen after that point is a missed FT and put back either tying or winning the game. But I think the chances of that happening are lower than the chances of perimeter shooters hitting a 3.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:39 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
He made several key mistakes in the crucial part of the game. If Spoelstra would have made those mistakes then everyone would have been calling him stupid, dumb, terrible etc. I simply think he's overrated.
Spoelstra did make a "mistake," imo. There was no need to sub Wade back in the game when the lineup with Miller, Battier and Birdman was working just fine. It spaced the floor and allowed Lebron to do his thing. From Spo's perspective, however, I could see why you'd put Wade in the game. If they lost, he'd have to deal with those "Did you think it was a mistake not to have your second best player in the game" questions.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:02 AM

55 posts, read 65,294 times
I think there is such misunderstanding of mine thoughts here. I think Pop is great coach and I think he made really bad decisions in the 4 quater which could let miami to 2champion in the row tittle. Anyway pop is great he can make mistakes to. Shame that this one he did in such crucial moment. Not everyone was out of juice. Dancan was. Splitter put in 2 difficult shots in the begining of the quater. Leonard too. Not everyone was!

Old 06-19-2013, 10:18 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
He made a tactical error...it's bound to happen. Phil Jackson has done it as well. He's human. Popovich is easily a top tier coach without question.

His errors were a part of a bunch of issues.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:09 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
If a coach is overrated for making mistakes then all headcoaches are overrated.
I measure a coach's performance on his body of work rather than than whether or not he was perfect.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 AM

551 posts, read 1,122,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Spoelstra isn't even remotely good. Best decision he's made is putting Miller in the lineup, otherwise Lebron is in control.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:01 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,970,740 times
I just don't understand how you can make such glaring fundamental decision-making errors with a trophy on the line. How can you not have one of your best rebounders on the floor, just giving the Heat second chance shots?

Then, when you get the ball only down one with nine seconds left, you don't call a timeout, draw up a play, and get Parker into the game. You let Ginobili run wildly down the court and lose the ball. And let's be honest, everybody in the world that was watching except for Pop and Ginobili appareantly knows he's not getting that call in that situation.

Not overrated, but he sure did cost his team a championship.

Duncan's really the one I feel bad for in all this. After that performance, he won't be getting a fifth ring because of sub-par coaching and a missed free throw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball