Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 08:13 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBBQ View Post
FWIW, I despise the Heat, but also despise the Spurs. Win/Win situation.
I think we were already able to discern that you are a casual fan of a certain LA team that will be in the draft lottery next year.

Ginobli is an easy 1st ballot HOFer. (I'm wagering you don't know about this topic either.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 08:23 AM

276 posts, read 774,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think we were already able to discern that you are a casual fan of a certain LA team that will be in the draft lottery next year.

Ginobli is an easy 1st ballot HOFer. (I'm wagering you don't know about this topic either.)
Whatever it takes for you to ease your pain after your team choked away game 6 and 7 buddy.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:26 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,914 times
HEAT ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Thanks for the congratulations! That being said the San Antonio Spurs are a helluva team! So Congrats to them too! We didn't buy a "championship" as many would say! Remember who is our General Manager in Pat Riley who knows how to build teams and choose players as well!

Unto our next championship next year!

Old 06-21-2013, 08:29 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I wonder if Spurs fans would be more bothered had they lost the series 4-1 or 4-2 or even in an earlier round - especially when the spurs where thisclose to winning it all.
would not have asked for anything more. my spurs smashed a couple teams from cali, and one from tenn. they took it to the heat and came up just a little short but they played with honor, and pride and took the heat to the wire in game 7.

losing in another round would have sucked more, getting blown out in the finals would have sucked also. im good with this loss, lebron played a ridiculous game 7. the only complaint i have is that the spurs got out flopped, i mean come on bosh/lebron/wade/battier you guys won the title, you could have given my spurs the floppers award at least!

Old 06-21-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBBQ View Post
Whatever it takes for you to ease your pain after your team choked away game 6 and 7 buddy.
I'm a Bulls fan, you are just a fair weather fan.

It's all good, after a week or so, we won't probably ever see you here again.

That happens a lot around this time of year.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:56 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,799,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I wonder if Spurs fans would be more bothered had they lost the series 4-1 or 4-2 or even in an earlier round - especially when the spurs where thisclose to winning it all.
If I were a Spurs fan, I would have rather lost 4-1, or 4-2. Losing game 7, especially when it's close, sucks. You know you're team is so close and comes up just short.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:08 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
If I were a Spurs fan, I would have rather lost 4-1, or 4-2. Losing game 7, especially when it's close, sucks. You know you're team is so close and comes up just short.
as a spurs fan i dont think so. i would rather take the other team to the limit, knowing i gave it my all and we pushed the best team to the brink.

it reminds me or losing a series, do you root for the team that beat you to win or to lose in the next round? i personally root for the team that beat my team, kind of a solace in saying we only lost to the team that won it all. gives you that feeling of what could have been so to speak.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
HEAT ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Thanks for the congratulations! That being said the San Antonio Spurs are a helluva team! So Congrats to them too! We didn't buy a "championship" as many would say! Remember who is our General Manager in Pat Riley who knows how to build teams and choose players as well!

Unto our next championship next year!
Indeed. I'm just hoping my Bulls get healthy and give you guys some serious competition in the east next year and thereafter. A healthy Bulls squad is IMO a bigger threat than Indy.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:02 AM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Indeed. I'm just hoping my Bulls get healthy and give you guys some serious competition in the east next year and thereafter. A healthy Bulls squad is IMO a bigger threat than Indy.
^agreed. It will be nice to see some real competition in the East again; the Pacers are a good team, but we pretty much saw everything they had these past two seasons, and it's not quite enough.
See you guys in a couple weeks when everything quiets down

Old 06-21-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
^agreed. It will be nice to see some real competition in the East again; the Pacers are a good team, but we pretty much saw everything they had these past two seasons, and it's not quite enough.
See you guys in a couple weeks when everything quiets down
Yeah, us NBA fans got robbed this year of seeing both the Bulls and OKC at full strength....and the Lakers too.

Would have made for more interesting rounds IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball