Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 11:53 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,464,279 times

Advertisements

I still think they'll beat Detroit on Saturday, though I would've liked their chances a lot better had it been at home instead of on the road. That Pistons team is pitiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 08:25 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,936 times
It took until December 3rd but the Sixers are no longer winless.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:29 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Even non-Sixer fans are happy they got that monkey off their back. Nothing crushes team spirit like a seemingly-endless losing streak.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:13 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,488,635 times
I'm just glad they finally won before we had to play them, being the first team to lose to the 76ers this year would have been embarrassing

Old 02-26-2015, 11:30 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
I have a bad stomach virus, so I'll be brief. What the heck is up with the 76ers? Sam Hinkie traded the former rookie of the year "Micheal Carter Williams" for some mediocre player. Sam Hinkie has no idea what he doing. They need to fire this clown now so this franchise doesn't have to suffer for years to come. He is one of the worst GM's I have ever seen in the NBA. Sixers GM Sam Hinkie has to go!!!

Old 02-26-2015, 12:05 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,091,126 times
You can dislike Hinkie but his philosophy is clearly something ownership is backing. I thought his MCW trade was actually pretty shrewd; the trade I didn't quite understand was KJ McDaniels, who seemed to be pretty intriguing and in return, they only got back a Canaan and a 2nd round pick.

The MCW, trade, on the other hand, might land them a pick between 6-7 (it's lottery protected for only the top-5 this season and top-3 in 2007 and completely unprotected in 2018) Currently the Lakers have the 4th worst record, but anything can happen with those ping pong balls.

I personally view MCW as a turnover machine who shoots inconsistently and at low percentages. His ROY award was probably most attributable to there not being a ton of rookie talent last season and not so much that he simply wowed everyone.

So, basically you sold MCW high and might parlay him into a top-10 pick this season, or a top-5 pick next year or the year after. I'd personally rather build around someone who doesn't shoot 38% from the field, shoot 25% from 3, and turns the ball over nearly 5 times per game. Besides, as ROY, what is he going to want when he needs a new contract in a year and a half? It's just the wrong time to pay that guy big money when you're not anywhere near contending.

I like the gamble and moreover, if MCW simply develops into that typical chucker who scores 12-16ppg and takes 20 shots to do it and Philly gets someone really good with a top-5 selection, you're going to look back and think he completely thieved Milwaukee in the trade.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:56 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,711,762 times
McDaniels makes sense because he wasn't signed beyond this year so they might have lost him for nothing. Plus they got a PG back to replace Carter-Williams. I'm not a good enough talent evaluator to say whether MCW will be a good pro or not, but hitting the reset button after two years of rebuilding doesn't inspire much confidence that things are going to get better anytime soon. For people that think that is short-sighted, well, there's no guarantee that there's a long-term prize at the end of this.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:03 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
You can dislike Hinkie but his philosophy is clearly something ownership is backing. I thought his MCW trade was actually pretty shrewd; the trade I didn't quite understand was KJ McDaniels, who seemed to be pretty intriguing and in return, they only got back a Canaan and a 2nd round pick.

The MCW, trade, on the other hand, might land them a pick between 6-7 (it's lottery protected for only the top-5 this season and top-3 in 2007 and completely unprotected in 2018) Currently the Lakers have the 4th worst record, but anything can happen with those ping pong balls.

I personally view MCW as a turnover machine who shoots inconsistently and at low percentages. His ROY award was probably most attributable to there not being a ton of rookie talent last season and not so much that he simply wowed everyone.

So, basically you sold MCW high and might parlay him into a top-10 pick this season, or a top-5 pick next year or the year after. I'd personally rather build around someone who doesn't shoot 38% from the field, shoot 25% from 3, and turns the ball over nearly 5 times per game. Besides, as ROY, what is he going to want when he needs a new contract in a year and a half? It's just the wrong time to pay that guy big money when you're not anywhere near contending.

I like the gamble and moreover, if MCW simply develops into that typical chucker who scores 12-16ppg and takes 20 shots to do it and Philly gets someone really good with a top-5 selection, you're going to look back and think he completely thieved Milwaukee in the trade.
Those are his two biggest flaws, turning it over and inconsistent jumpshot.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:50 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Sixers unveil a new logo with Ben Franklin....different, but kinda cool:

Lukas: Sixers score with Ben Franklin logo - ESPN

Old 05-12-2015, 06:56 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,091,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Sixers unveil a new logo with Ben Franklin....different, but kinda cool:

Lukas: Sixers score with Ben Franklin logo - ESPN
It's hard to know what anyone should think about this. Because Franklin has absolutely nothing to do with basketball. This is so poorly placed. I never agree with Stephen A. Smith but I have to here: this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. And I mean EVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball