Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 10:53 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabottom View Post
Don't get too caught up in that because remember the spurs lost in the first round one year as a #1 to Memphis

I dont know, I think they are still pissed from last year. They had that title and let it slip away on one rebound....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 11:06 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
And I had no idea it was a TNT doubleheader tonight

Old 03-26-2014, 01:29 AM

579 posts, read 761,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I dont know, I think they are still pissed from last year. They had that title and let it slip away on one rebound....
I really enjoy watching Spurs but NBA regular season is the most pointless event in professional sports.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:12 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Geez - Lakers put up 51 in 3rdQ versus Knicks... 87 points for the 2ndQ and 3rdQ combined.
That's it for the Knicks. They had a nice run but that is likely the nail in the coffin. This was a game they needed to win.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:32 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Spurs looking impressive right now. This is the right time of year to get hot. They are just going to keep their guys healthy until the playoffs and try to make another run. They just manage things so well. One of the best franchises in sports by far.

Sixers are one off of tying the NBA record for consecutive losses. I have heard a few call into question some of their trades at the deadline of giving away Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner for basically a bag of Skittles. They look like a team that is clearly tanking and it's shameful. I hope who ever they pick flops for them. There is no honor and the way they are doing things.

Indiana is slipping and the game tonight against the Heat will be huge. If the Heat win they will be only a game behind the Pacers and would have at least tied the season series. Should be a good one.

The Bulls have finally caught the Raptors for the #3 spot in the East as the Raptors have slid a little bit lately. Make no mistake about it, I believe the Raptors are a much more well-rounded team but the Bulls have one of the best coaches in the league that is really getting the best out of his roster. In spite of that, I don't understand why people are talking about the Nets and the Bulls as being the only other teams in the East outside the top 2 who are viable. I believe the Raptors are better than both teams. The Bulls struggle offensively and in my opinion will have a hard time finding a go-to scorer in a playoff series where teams will game plan you for 4-7 straight games. I also think after the Raptors the Wizards are in the mix with the Bulls and Nets. The Wizards have gone 5-0 this season against the Nets and Bulls and have slipped down to 6th due to some poor play that can largely be contributed to missing Nene (who may be coming back next week). To me it's a toss up but the Raptors are clearly the best out of the 4 with the other three pretty even.

I like Dallas because I believe Rick Carlisle is a decent coach, but I would like to see the Suns make the playoffs. Their style of play would be more entertaining in the playoffs. With that said, the Suns schedule is brutal. 7 out of their last 11 will be against playoff teams including tonight's tilt against the Wizards in DC. They will also play the top 3 teams in the west during that time, the Clippers, Spurs, and Thunder. Dallas' schedule is slightly easier with 5 games against current playoff teams. Their final two games will be against the Grizzlies and the Suns. Should be fun to watch.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:41 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,058,038 times
The Bulls always play with a lot of fire, I give them that for their grit and grind. I didn't like how they played against the Heat last season, in the game that cost the Heat their win streak. It wasn't a grind, it was just dirty. That cost them some value for me as far as ever cheering for them, but I do respect them. I don't see Chicago being able to grind out a 7 game series, they just don't have the roster as evident last year and its gotten even smaller this year. They'll put up a few good rounds but they need to add depth to go 7.

To me after Indiana and Heat the team to watch in the East is the Wizards.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:40 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,421,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Don't get too caught up in that because remember the spurs lost in the first round one year as a #1 to Memphis
They've also been 1st or 2nd in most of their trips to the Finals!
The Spurs are 11-3 in the first round since 1999-2000. I would not want to meet the Spurs in the playoffs and would never count them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
.. but NBA regular season is the most pointless event in professional sports.
1 - Seeding is important
2 - Chemistry/Fleshing out rosters strengths and weaknesses
3 - Basketball is fun to watch

Please go away.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:38 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
The Bulls always play with a lot of fire, I give them that for their grit and grind. I didn't like how they played against the Heat last season, in the game that cost the Heat their win streak. It wasn't a grind, it was just dirty. That cost them some value for me as far as ever cheering for them, but I do respect them. I don't see Chicago being able to grind out a 7 game series, they just don't have the roster as evident last year and its gotten even smaller this year. They'll put up a few good rounds but they need to add depth to go 7.

To me after Indiana and Heat the team to watch in the East is the Wizards.
The bulls just need to stay healthy to go further. Sigh.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:40 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Right now I'm expecting to see a repeat of last year....and a tight finals series with Heat vs. Spurs.

Only exception would be OKC in the WCF losing to the Spurs.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:51 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,058,038 times
I'll be happy if its either Heat vs Spurs or Pacers vs Spurs - and not sure what team I'd rather win. Part of my view is:

Heat could make history being one of the only teams with 4 consecutive finals appearances and even more history if they join the elite few that have 3-peated. Its more rare to even make it to the finals 4 consecutive times!

Spurs could just seal the Greatest Team ever, and for me at least would seal the deal as far as Tim being above Kobe on the GOAT list.

Pacers I've always liked and certainly wouldn't mind seeing them get a championship after all these years.

Only other team on West I'd be happy seeing win is Memphis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball