Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 04:18 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,011,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMalestrom View Post
Wow! It really looks like Wade screwed himself financially. He opted out of the last two years of his contract which would have paid him $40 million. Now he seems like just another broken-down free agent. Unless the Heat are really generous with him, and sign him to a longer deal for the some total amount, there's no way anyone will pay him $20 mil per season.

I almost feel sorry for the guy...
The team just might pay him $20 million a year just to keep Heat fans in their seats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 04:42 PM

50 posts, read 54,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
The team just might pay him $20 million a year just to keep Heat fans in their seats.
After the way he looked in The Finals I think that'd be stupid. I could see them giving him maybe a 4 or 5 year deal for $40 mil. That's a decent salary for a role player who plays 25-30 min/game, but unless Wade's Final's performance was an anomaly, $20 mil a season is way too much.

I don't think he'd be much of a draw for Heat fans. Would you pay to watch a once great player on the slide?

Old 07-12-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
After the way he looked in The Finals I think that'd be stupid. I could see them giving him maybe a 4 or 5 year deal for $40 mil. That's a decent salary for a role player who plays 25-30 min/game, but unless Wade's Final's performance was an anomaly, $20 mil a season is way too much.

I don't think he'd be much of a draw for Heat fans. Would you pay to watch a once great player on the slide?
Your asking the wrong guy because I don't go to Sixers games to just see one player, even if it's a superstar. I go to watch the team. Philly is one of those rare sports markets where no player is bigger or more important than the team itself.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:10 PM

50 posts, read 54,765 times
Quote:
Your asking the wrong guy because I don't go to Sixers games to just see one player, even if it's a superstar. I go to watch the team. Philly is one of those rare sports markets where no player is bigger or more important than the team itself.
That's why I've been a long-time Spurs fan.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:48 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,017,616 times
Quote:
Wow! It really looks like Wade screwed himself financially. He opted out of the last two years of his contract which would have paid him $40 million. Now he seems like just another broken-down free agent. Unless the Heat are really generous with him, and sign him to a longer deal for the some total amount, there's no way anyone will pay him $20 mil per season.

I almost feel sorry for the guy...
It's the Miami Heat. Wade and Haslem will both get their money. You think Wade opted out thinking the Heat were not going to pay him no matter what? Wade will sign a deal that is over $50,0000,000 if not more. Not because he is worth that much, but because he has been worth that much, and the Heat are a very loyal organization.

Disappointed about the news of Lebron but it was his plan all along. Some even said even if they won this year he might had still left. Can't argue with wanting to go home. Awesome four years being a Heat fan. Bosh staying made it sting a lot less, glad he is it in for the long haul. If Riley can pull in Deng the Heat will be a pretty decent team next year. Hope to see the Cavs in the playoffs against the Heat.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:59 PM

14,690 posts, read 14,668,136 times
Lebron's smart....signing a 2-year, $42 million deal now with an opt-out clause. On the surface, it makes him look non-committed, when in actuality it's insurance against Gilbert thinking he's done dealing for the rest of the decade now that he has LBJ back in Cleveland.

Y! SPORTS

Old 07-12-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Lebron's smart....signing a 2-year, $42 million deal now with an opt-out clause. On the surface, it makes him look non-committed, when in actuality it's insurance against Gilbert thinking he's done dealing for the rest of the decade now that he has LBJ back in Cleveland.

Y! SPORTS
I highly doubt he will leave Cleveland again after his 2-year contract ends.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:20 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,100,025 times
Quote:

Y! SPORTS
Nah, he signed that deal because he's ready for the next CBA. Word is cap is going to be 80 mil, so he can get a GIANT payday to resign. Bigger than any deal in the history of the league.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:22 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,095,963 times
Quote:

Y! SPORTS
Cleveland is going to sign a new network deal in 2016. By having Lebron back, the ratings for Cleveland basketball are going to jump. Lebron will get a max contract in 2016 with the Cavs factoring in the rating increase due to his return...

Old 07-13-2014, 09:03 AM

78,500 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
I highly doubt he will leave Cleveland again after his 2-year contract ends.
Love isn't there yet......

The team as it stands is unlikely to make it to the ECF and Gilbert has an awful track record of bad decisions and meddling.

Let's put it this way....you are dealing with Gilbert and joining before the other pieces in place is a BALLSY move by LeBron.

Their GM was operating under a full rebuild\tank strategy and it worked beautifully....but Gilbert fired him because they were having poor results last year. Really? What a complete moron for an owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball