Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 06:58 AM

4,059 posts, read 2,401,030 times

Advertisements

Well, the Bucks can continue their dysfunction. Knicks will just keep on winning. Nuggets, defending camps, are next. Bring them on! Let's go Knicks! Let's go Knicks!

https://nypost.com/2024/01/23/sports...win-over-nets/

This one went according to script. The Nets took a lead early. The Knicks bullied them late. And when it was over, the Knicks had a come-from-behind 108-103 victory before a sellout crowd of 17,732 at Barclays Center — one that might as well have been in Manhattan instead of Brooklyn, with all the cheers for the visitors. Julius Randle and Jalen Brunson each had 30 points for the Knicks, with Randle taking over down the stretch. Brooklyn led by 10, and 100-98 with 2:20 left before surrendering a 7-1 run that saw the visitors head back across the East River with a stolen victory. “Yeah, that’s our team,” Randle said. “And me and [Brunson], we’ve had a lot of big scoring nights and things like that. But those are the things that win us games. Those are the plays that maybe go unnoticed. They’re winning plays that help us win games. And credit to those guys for doing the things they did. It won us this game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2024, 06:12 AM

How bout dem Knicks! Beat the snot out of the defending champs. OG is a gem so far. As the late, great Stuart Scott used to say, "call 'em butter because they are on a roll!" Let's go Knicks! Let's go Knicks!

https://nypost.com/2024/01/25/sports...nunoby-shines/

The Knicks are officially on a roll. Maybe a steamroll is more appropriate. Just ask the defending champs. The Knicks’ latest opponent was, on paper, its most daunting. And they still flattened the Nuggets on Thursday, 122-84, getting an inspired performance from OG Anunoby and further evidence from Jalen Brunson that fans snubbed him in the All-Star voting. Anunoby dropped 26 points in just 29 minutes — his highest total since joining the Knicks — while locking up Denver point guard Jamal Murray. He recorded six steals and added to his legendary plus/minus status with a plus-38.

BTW, I think the Saturday game against the Heat is a national game on ABC. Ole QL will be in the house. Let's go Knicks! Let's go Knicks!

Old 01-28-2024, 11:18 AM

Well, ole QL couldn't get into rare form since I had my grandson with me. Overpriced diet Coke instead of overpriced beer. Anyway, good win for the Knicks but Randle separated his shoulder so he may be out for a while. I think the Knicks can win without him. Let's go Knicks! Let's go Knicks!

https://nypost.com/2024/01/27/sports...njury-vs-heat/

Old 01-29-2024, 08:55 AM

209 posts, read 151,626 times
My son is a huge Knicks fan, I'm a Nuggets fan. We watched the game together, and I could not believe how great the Knicks played and how terrible the Nuggets were. Oh well, I was happy for him at least.

We're taking him to his first home game at MSG in a couple of weeks against the Pacers, can't wait! Of course, it's lost a bit of luster for him over the last couple of months with the trade of his favorite player (IQ, whom he met and was so kind and humble) and now the Randle injury. What a bummer! Still can't wait for the first game at the garden though.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoCO1 View Post
My son is a huge Knicks fan, I'm a Nuggets fan. We watched the game together, and I could not believe how great the Knicks played and how terrible the Nuggets were. Oh well, I was happy for him at least.

We're taking him to his first home game at MSG in a couple of weeks against the Pacers, can't wait! Of course, it's lost a bit of luster for him over the last couple of months with the trade of his favorite player (IQ, whom he met and was so kind and humble) and now the Randle injury. What a bummer! Still can't wait for the first game at the garden though.
LOL! I was just as surprised at you at how well the Knicks beat the Nuggets. IMHO, Knicks caught the Nuggets when they were on the tail end of a long road trip and had tired legs. It happens. I'll take the win. The Heat game was amazing at MSG. Butler had an off game so that helped. Grandson had a blast as well. Of course, he wants to go back. "Let's go next week." Kids, huh?

Old 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM

Great Knicks win without Randle and OG. Hopefully, neither are out too long. Have to play a game tonight against the Jazz. Tough back-to-back game. They can do it. Let's go Knicks! Let's go Knicks!

https://nypost.com/2024/01/29/sports...-straight-win/

The Knicks made easy work of an easy opponent in their first game without Julius Randle. The Villanova duo of Jalen Brunson and Donte DiVincenzo combined for 60 points, feasting on the miserable Hornets despite injury absences to Randle and OG Anunoby. Their 113-92 victory completed a season sweep of Charlotte, pushing New York’s winning streak to a league-best seven games. The Hornets, (10-35), losers of four straight, hung around until halftime as the Knicks (30-17) adjusted to life without their two regular forwards. (Then the Knicks buried their overmatched opponent with a 27-9 run near the beginning of the third quarter.) With one more game to go in January, Tom Thibodeau’s squad secured the franchise’s first 13-win month since January 1995, according to Elias Sports Bureau. They’re playing so well that even Thibodeau got a rousing ovation in the pregame intros.

Old 01-30-2024, 11:25 AM

Thibs is loyal. I give him that. Brining back Taj Gibson again.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/30/sports...s-randle-hurt/

It’s the relationship that doesn’t quit. Taj Gibson, the veteran center and Tom Thibodeau favorite, signed his fifth contract with the Knicks, this time a 10-day deal, his agent Mark Bartelstein confirmed to The Post. The 38-year-old was waived by the Knicks just about three weeks ago before his standard contract was guaranteed, and now is coming back on the heels of Julius Randle’s injury. The 10-day contract spans five games. Then the Knicks have to decide whether to give Gibson a second 10-day deal, waive him, or sign him for the rest of the season. Two 10-day deals is the max. Gibson, who is open about his desire to pursue coaching after his playing career is over, has played for Thibodeau on three different franchises (the Bulls and Timberwolves, too).

Old 01-31-2024, 07:59 AM

Wow, the Knicks are doing well with these Villanova guys. Good game, Divincenzo. Hart had a triple double. 8 in a row. Let's go Knicks!

https://nypost.com/2024/01/30/sports...-straight-win/

Six different rotation regulars have missed time in January with injuries for the Knicks, making one of the best months in team history that much more impressive. Lineup linchpins Julius Randle and OG Anunoby both sat out their second consecutive game, but Tom Thibodeau’s sizzling Knicks closed out a 14-2 month Tuesday night by rolling to their eighth straight win, 118-103 over the Jazz at the Garden.

Old 02-02-2024, 05:55 AM

Dear Mark Cuban, Thank you for this gift of Jalen Brunson.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/01/sports...utive-victory/

Jalen Brunson didn’t need the All-Star call to show why he’s an All-Star. His eye swollen from getting hammered in the face and his frustration with the officiating on overload, Brunson willed the Knicks to victory Thursday night over the Pacers, 109-105, dragging a shorthanded roster to its ninth straight win. It came just hours after Brunson received his first All-Star nod, garnering the coaches’ vote as an Eastern Conference reserve, joining injured teammate Julius Randle, who is unlikely to play in the All-Star Game.

Old 02-02-2024, 11:44 AM

209 posts, read 151,626 times
Just ordered my son a Brunson jersey for the game we're attending next week, to replace his IQ one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball