Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 06:44 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You have to take my post in context as a rebuttal to people making wild claims after getting caught up in the emotion and a meaningless, pre-season style score fest game to send him off.

I never said he wasn't a legend and sure that's a fun way for him to end so we seem to be in agreement.

You also have to understand that there is YEARS of history in this forum about Laker fans upset with those of us that predicted some really bad years that have come true due to bad trades and the fact that free agents didn't want to play with kobe.

So, you're kinda walking in at the end of the conversation.
I'll have to take your word for it Mathguy. I know you have brought up the bad Laker fans around here many times. But they were before my time here. And I only seem to pop up around this side of the forum close to playoff time anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2016, 06:45 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,598 times
Quote:
I was so moved by Kobe's naming when he first came into the league the I had my kids named my kids Ribeye and Porterhouse.
T-bone is a good nickname! (George from Seinfeld)

Old 04-17-2016, 06:55 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,698 times
Rib eye, porterhouse and t-bone...all-star line up! Yum!

Old 04-17-2016, 06:56 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
T-bone is a good nickname! (George from Seinfeld)
Ha! I remember that one!

Old 04-17-2016, 07:43 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I'll have to take your word for it Mathguy. I know you have brought up the bad Laker fans around here many times. But they were before my time here. And I only seem to pop up around this side of the forum close to playoff time anyway.
It's all good.

Let's just be glad he retired relatively healthy and got to give the fans a fun send-off game....and played every one of his games for a single team.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:02 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
It's all good.

Let's just be glad he retired relatively healthy and got to give the fans a fun send-off game....and played every one of his games for a single team.
Wow you said something nice about the Kobe!?

Old 04-17-2016, 04:23 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,669,921 times
Things Kobe Haters Say :

He needed Shaq to win 3
Gasol was better when he won 2 more
He scored 81 on a sorry team
Wade is better
Lebron is more clutch because his percentage is higher
Duncan never won back to back but he still better
Kobe is top 15 all time
His last game was overrated

LMAO

Oh i forgot,He's a rapist & never will be on Jordan Level Lol

Old 04-17-2016, 04:33 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,669,921 times
Taking 50 shots may look easy but it takes stamina,
Strength,Mental will,Fighting through Screens & Defense

Than to do it at 37 with multiple season ending injuries are another testament to his legend.I saw Mcgrady & Iverson play past their prime and it was hard to watch,
Duncan & Kg barely put up 12 a game.But Kobe is Kobe!
Built from a different will,Killer instinct & the most hardworking player ever next to Jordan.

Like he said,to Score 60 and get a come from behind win in his last game ever is better than a storybook ending.
Look at all the respect from his peers,Jayz,Kanye,Wayne,
Kendrick,Mayweather,Serena Williams crying on twitter,
Shaq & Magic calling him the greatest Laker ever,
Lebron,Wade,Durant,Curry all saluting and Calling him the Mj of this generation.Alot of people hate or dislike Kobe but Millions more Love him,20 years,3rd all time on scoring list,5 rings,81 points,62 in 3 quarters.The man is easy top 5 ever !!! GOAT

Old 04-19-2016, 12:39 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Wow you said something nice about the Kobe!?
I say nice things and defend Kobe on many occasions. (ie. the black mark thread recently)

However, butt-hurt Laker fans typically only notice when I'm pointing out reality and then get mad at me. Nobody likes the bartender that's cutting them off but god you guys needed an intervention bad.

Case in point I used to get yelled at for pointing out that free agents didn't want to go play with kobe when Laker fans were claiming that free agents would swarm the Lakers.

Now that he's retired Laker fans have taken the same argument that they used to get mad at me about in order to claim that now they'll get the free agents.

They got mad at me for pointing out that the Lakers needed to tank this season in order to keep their draft pick.

They got mad at me 2 years ago calling 2014-2016 the "Kobe retirement tour" saying he was too competitive to play for a team in that situation.

It's not my fault that the Lakers have fallen apart in recent years and anyone without a glaring bias could see it coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball