Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2017, 06:24 PM

47 posts, read 49,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post

Kevin Durant - 6'9 forward with the talents of a guard.
6'9'' LOL...KD is 7 foot. Look at him next to ZaZa. The fact that he is 7ft and does what he does is why I rank him as a unicorn and he is going to be more unstoppable next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNBEAhKgyqg

Old 07-14-2017, 10:42 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,673,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, anyone that's a threat to Kobe gets demoted....he's got Bird in front of Lebron too which in fairness is a crock anymore.

Not to mention Shaq wayyy up the rankings past even Kareem? WTH.

Also Bill Walton with Yao Ming? Huh?

A lot of the rest I agree with....but wow...you can just spot the Kobe boner poking out in a few key areas lol.
My list wasn't really a ranking system because of course Duncan is better than Barkley and Kareem over Shaq.

It was more so naming the greatest players in each position without thinking too hard about it.

Get out your feelings math lol,Your Spurs will be alright.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietstormP View Post
6'9'' LOL...KD is 7 foot. Look at him next to ZaZa. The fact that he is 7ft and does what he does is why I rank him as a unicorn and he is going to be more unstoppable next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNBEAhKgyqg

Yeah his height is listed different at times.
But if he retires with more rings than LeBron than i may rank him over the Chosen one in the end.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:21 AM

47 posts, read 49,960 times
Quote:
Yeah his height is listed different at times.
But if he retires with more rings than LeBron than i may rank him over the Chosen one in the end.
Kevin Durant has never been 6'9''. He clearly was messing with everyone. One look at him and you know he is not 6'9''. Listed height can go both ways down and up. When youre taller than your actual position average you don't want to get consider a center.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:14 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,098,720 times
Quote:
My list wasn't really a ranking system because of course Duncan is better than Barkley and Kareem over Shaq.

It was more so naming the greatest players in each position without thinking too hard about it.

Get out your feelings math lol,Your Spurs will be alright.
If it's not a ranking then take the numbers off from
In front

Old 07-15-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
If it's not a ranking then take the numbers off from
In front
It's not that serious !!

I just admitted that Duncan is better than Barkley as is Kareem over Shaq.Besides everyone top 10 is different.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:25 AM

149 posts, read 113,746 times
What about the best teams of all time in a single year ?

14 Spurs was legendary
07 Suns was great
12 Heat
09 Lakers
16 Warriors
05 Pistons
93 Suns was great also
01 Lakers of course
02 Kings had great potential
04 T wolves
94 Knicks
97 Bulls was just as great as 96
85 Celtics & Lakers
89 Pistons

Old 07-21-2017, 05:07 PM

482 posts, read 399,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCkidd View Post
What about the best teams of all time in a single year ?
95-96 Bulls. Remember when they said the regular season wins record "don't mean a thing without the ring"? The 15-16 Warriors should have listened.

That being said the Warriors did redeem themselves emphatically by steamrolling to their second title this past season. #respect

Old 07-21-2017, 11:18 PM

167 posts, read 125,838 times
Quote:
It's not that serious !!

I just admitted that Duncan is better than Barkley as is Kareem over Shaq.Besides everyone top 10 is different.
I don't have a problem with Shaq over Kareem. Shaq's peak was as good as anybody. Prime Kareem got manhandled by Moses Malone on multiple occasions. Nobody could do that to prime Shaq. Kareem's advantage is longevity. But this isn't some one sided debate.

I wouldn't have a problem with Duncan listed at center, since he spent a lot of time at both positions.

Whereever Duncan is listed, Larry Bird should probably be listed as the best PF ever, since that's where he mostly played.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:27 AM

482 posts, read 399,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukcha View Post
I don't have a problem with Shaq over Kareem. Shaq's peak was as good as anybody. Prime Kareem got manhandled by Moses Malone on multiple occasions. Nobody could do that to prime Shaq. Kareem's advantage is longevity. But this isn't some one sided debate.
This is one of the reasons Shaq was ahead of Kareem on my list, but only slightly. As dominant an all-around player as Kareem was, I frankly doubt he could have done the same things in a match-up against Shaq's size and strength.

The Shaq-era NBA players Kareem most resembles in both build and style of play are David Robinson and Kevin Garnett.

Shaq's teams won most of its important match-ups against Robinson's teams (meaning championships were at stake), and the ones Robinson's teams won usually happened when Tim Duncan was playing at his peak, with the combined ability of those twin towers being needed to somewhat neutralize Shaq.

With Kevin Garnett, as much of a beast as he was all over the floor during his and Shaq's parallel career primes, I don't think he technically even matched up against Shaq very often. He was a Hall-of-Fame All-Time Great 4-Man who was entirely too small to do anything against Shaq, who was just one position up at the 5, so KG's team's didn't give Shaq much trouble either.

So yeah, there's a legitimate argument for Shaq over Kareem.

Re-posting my list for reference:

My All-Time All-NBA Team as of 2017:

1st Team
PG- Magic Johnson
SG- Michael Jordan
SF- LeBron James
PF- Tim Duncan
C- Hakeem Olajuwon

2nd Team
PG- John Stockton
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Kevin Durant
PF- Larry Bird
C- Shaquille O'Neal

3rd Team
PG- Gary Payton
SG- Jerry West
SF- Scottie Pippen
PF- Kevin Garnett
C- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4th Team
PG- Stephen Curry
SG- Dwyane Wade
PF- Charles Barkley
PF- Karl Malone
C- Wilt Chamberlain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball