Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2018, 09:25 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

I think LBJ believes that when he turns it on, the Cavs are unbeatable.

If you look at the prior game 1's in this year's playoff, you see a similar output from LBJ as seen on Sunday.

Both game 2's in the past series have results in 40+ point outbursts and the Cavs have won both.

Expect a typical 40+ point effort from LBJ in game 2 - the question is will Boston be able to withstand when LBJ goes into beast mode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 09:43 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't think he's that dumb, but he's right to think that about Toronto, but obviously not Indiana because the Cavs only won by slim margins and with refs helping.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:07 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:

If you look at the prior game 1's in this year's playoff, you see a similar output from LBJ as seen on Sunday.

Both game 2's in the past series have results in 40+ point outbursts and the Cavs have won both.

Expect a typical 40+ point effort from LBJ in game 2 - the question is will Boston be able to withstand when LBJ goes into beast mode.
Lebron is going to take a quick flight to Miami and get some vitamin shots and then come back super strong.

It would be funny as hell if the Celtics beat the Cavs.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:22 AM

I said before the series that if Boston lead 2-0 they'll win the series, and that is even more true now because that defense looks a lot more harmful to the Cavs than it looked to the Sixers.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:33 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I don't think he's that dumb, but he's right to think that about Toronto, but obviously not Indiana because the Cavs only won by slim margins and with refs helping.
Lol he has to believe this and play this way for them to have a chance to win it all. Say what you want about Indiana but they couldn't win four games...

Again, Boston has a shot at this thing. I want to see how they respond when Cleveland punches back and is hitting everything in the gym. This is an elite defensive team, but I wouldn't bank on the Cavs shooting 36% all series...

Basketball is streaky and is about adjustments. The Celtics have the best coach so most of the adjustments will favor them, but the Cavs have the trump card that no one in The East has been able to solve in 8 years. As DRob said above, when Lebron is on and takes turns abusing everybody on the Boston roster, can Boston remain composed? We'll see...

Old 05-14-2018, 10:44 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Quote:
I don't see Boston as much - but I didn't notice anything extraordinary about their effort.

They just made it difficult on LBJ. 16 pts, 7 TO for LBJ. It seems to be the obvious gameplan... make someone else beat you.

Cavs are not great on defense. This also is not a surprise.

The difference between the Celtics and the other teams is that Stevens has them more focused on the task.
The Cavs haven't yet proven that they can do a passable job of defending at a regular season level. They do not have a playoffs caliber defense.

Boston played great last night. LBJ had uncharacteristically bad TOs--reminiscent of last year's Finals Game 1. Boston definitely plays hard, they also have a long, talented, and strong set of defenders. This will not be a series where LBJ repeatedly goes for 40 & 10 on great shooting percentages. The Cavs need to generate looks off of movement and screens. They also need to hit some shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Credit is due to Boston for taking Cleveland to the shed. I'll tell you why I'm not worried, though...

That was Boston's most dominant win of the postseason, at home, first game of series. Absolute execution on both ends. But if that's the biggest blow they can land, how many times can the repeat it? Because Cleveland can definitely play better than 36% team shooting and 15% 3fg%. Cleveland can reach several other gears; can Boston?

Here's the thing, if they lost that first game at home they would have long odds to win MORE than a game this series. They met the challenge and have to do it again tomorrow...

If it's another Boston blowout, I think They put themselves in the driver's seat and we have to see how they play in Cleveland. If they win again but it's not a blowout, I'm still not that worried...

Boston can win this series, but we have to see how they respond when Cleveland is making all those bricks they don't normally miss. Can Boston replicate this level of dominance once they get punched back, or was this the Celtics at their absolute peak? I don't like their chances if this is the best they have. Let's not forget Indiana smoked Cleveland by 34 at home in Indiana, smoked them by 18 at The Q, and still lost the series...

It's one game, but boy do the Anti-Lebron's jump for joy with any and every Cavs loss...
Boston was the main factor in Cleveland's poor shooting. Cleveland did not miss a bunch of great shots--they missed a bunch of tough shots. Boston played about as well as you can. Cleveland threatened to make it a game in the 2nd half, but couldn't quite get there. Game plans will change for Game 2.

If Boston is this locked in defensively every game, then it's tough to see the Cavs winning this series. If I'm the Cavs, I think I want my young guys to get in there and push in transition off of every defensive rebound--try to create points before the defense can get set.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:21 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
The last two rounds prior to this one don't really matter anymore. Boston can win this series as long as they win every game on their home court. To win this in fewer than seven games, they would need to steal one in Cleveland.
So you think lebron and that Cavs team wont win any games in Boston?

Old 05-14-2018, 11:32 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I said before the series that if Boston lead 2-0 they'll win the series, and that is even more true now because that defense looks a lot more harmful to the Cavs than it looked to the Sixers.
So they will win the series if they go up 2-0 on the Cavs but couldn't win a game in Milwaukee and the series went 7?

Old 05-14-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
So you think lebron and that Cavs team wont win any games in Boston?
Nobody has so far, and Boston's defense appears to hurt Cleveland more than it hurt Philly.
Philly's lowest score in the series was 98.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:06 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Houston and GS tonite!

One thing I like is that both teams have a tendency to become careless and aloof at times, and both teams are great at capitalizing on these lapses in focus. Should be a great series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball