Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 04:10 AM

340 posts, read 175,922 times

Advertisements

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/05/21/la...ding-to-report

As mentioned in the playoff thread, Kendrick Perkins had this interesting idea of trading the Lakers AD for the Nets Kyrie. A star swap of second options between these two would be interesting as LBj and Irving would be back as guard/foward pair. Westbrook ofcourse would most likely be moved to place the right starter and bench around Lb and Kyrie. The executives could've discussed how much sweetner they like in their coffee but I like to imagine maybe a off season big trade sounds nice too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2022, 10:44 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Lebron and Kyrie together again? I don't see it.
A Westbrook/Randle swap between the Lakers & Knicks makes more sense if the salaries match.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:25 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
Isn't Kyrie basically a Nets executive, lol?

He & Durant have it too good in Brooklyn, so why would they want to leave? And if either have any say I don't see either leaving.

Remember that report a year ago from author Matt Sullivan describing how the big 3 were basically given blank checks when they signed on with Brooklyn. They have all their expenses paid for including houses for girlfriends, hiring girlfriends, week long vacation homes in California, equipment, etc.

Report: Nets pay for houses for stars’ girlfriends

Old 05-22-2022, 11:36 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
1) I don't see Irving and Kyrie ever wanting to play again, so that should be the end of that.

2) Kyrie is basically a defacto GM in Brooklyn. Why would he leave that plum of a job and get traded tp LA?? So, if anything the Lakers would have to trade LeBron, and who would the Nets offer??

3) Doesn't LeBron want to play with his oldest son who is like 2 years from draft eligibility?? The Lakers have a much better chance of landing a high draft pick to pick him than the Nets will....both in 2023 & 2024!

Old 05-22-2022, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Isn't Kyrie basically a Nets executive, lol?

He & Durant have it too good in Brooklyn, so why would they want to leave? And if either have any say I don't see either leaving.

Remember that report a year ago from author Matt Sullivan describing how the big 3 were basically given blank checks when they signed on with Brooklyn. They have all their expenses paid for including houses for girlfriends, hiring girlfriends, week long vacation homes in California, equipment, etc.

Report: Nets pay for houses for stars’ girlfriends

Ah yes the non court related stuff are the cherries on top, that's one of the few stand out reasons why Irving might refuse to get traded. The Nets are like a dream organization for the Kyrie and Kd type guys, living like kings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
1) I don't see Irving and Kyrie ever wanting to play again, so that should be the end of that.

2) Kyrie is basically a defacto GM in Brooklyn. Why would he leave that plum of a job and get traded tp LA?? So, if anything the Lakers would have to trade LeBron, and who would the Nets offer??

3) Doesn't LeBron want to play with his oldest son who is like 2 years from draft eligibility?? The Lakers have a much better chance of landing a high draft pick to pick him than the Nets will....both in 2023 & 2024!

Even with all the intangible reasons for Irving to stay in Bkn we can't be too sure. He's only the "gm" because the Nets let him kick his feet up while knocking over the stack of papers.. what if one morning Sean Marks or whoevers running the Nets by law, wake up and decide swapping Kyrie for another top player (any position) is the vision he/they saw? Can't be too sure what people are thinking just basing off what they let us see thru the lense of the media. Why would S.I post an article like in the OP about some vague meetup with the Lakers and Nets? Just to ruffle up feathers? Or maybe there's nothing else to report on? Who knows.

Lebron wanting to team up with his kid is another one of those things, we, noone, not even LB himself will know happen until it's time for it to happen, same with trades..

Old 05-22-2022, 06:17 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,443,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 4 mvp View Post
Ah yes the non court related stuff are the cherries on top, that's one of the few stand out reasons why Irving might refuse to get traded. The Nets are like a dream organization for the Kyrie and Kd type guys, living like kings.

Even with all the intangible reasons for Irving to stay in Bkn we can't be too sure. He's only the "gm" because the Nets let him kick his feet up while knocking over the stack of papers.. what if one morning Sean Marks or whoevers running the Nets by law, wake up and decide swapping Kyrie for another top player (any position) is the vision he/they saw? Can't be too sure what people are thinking just basing off what they let us see thru the lense of the media. Why would S.I post an article like in the OP about some vague meetup with the Lakers and Nets? Just to ruffle up feathers? Or maybe there's nothing else to report on? Who knows.

Lebron wanting to team up with his kid is another one of those things, we, noone, not even LB himself will know happen until it's time for it to happen, same with trades..
I know Lebron wants to play with his son, but from everything I've read, his son is not that good, he's a solid prospect but he is definitely not a one and done player. He will need 2 or possibly 3 years of college to get himself ready for the pros. Right now he's trending to being an undersized two guard who would ideally be best suited to be a mid to upper mid level tier program, not a one and done star going to Duke/UNC/Kentucky...although I could see some of those top tier schools taking him for the ticket sales associated with his last name, not necessarily his talent level.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I know Lebron wants to play with his son, but from everything I've read, his son is not that good, he's a solid prospect but he is definitely not a one and done player. He will need 2 or possibly 3 years of college to get himself ready for the pros. Right now he's trending to being an undersized two guard who would ideally be best suited to be a mid to upper mid level tier program, not a one and done star going to Duke/UNC/Kentucky...although I could see some of those top tier schools taking him for the ticket sales associated with his last name, not necessarily his talent level.

Yeah Bronny is like what 5'10? His father is nearly a foot taller but since we're talking Lebron, he might be able to "arrange" things to get his son where they could possibly play on the same team.. even if he comes off the bench when games are going good.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:03 PM

30,165 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
The Lakers do not have a 1st round pick in 2023 or 2024. The do have a 2nd round pick. So if Bronny falls into the 2nd round they could take him. I am sure the pressure would be great to do so. Unless he is a total bust at that point.

Kyrie is not going to be traded to the Lakers. Only way that would happen is if Kyrie asked for the trade. And why would he do that. He wanted to leave Cleveland to win a title w/o Lebron now he is going to go back there? Not happening. Brooklyn has their 3 three. They are going to play that out next year.

If the two teams are meeting and discussing trades there are other players that might be discussed.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 05-22-2022 at 07:25 PM..

Old 05-22-2022, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The Lakers do not have a 1st round pick in 2023 or 2024. The do have a 2nd round pick. So if Bronny falls into the 2nd round they could take him. I am sure the pressure would be great to do so. Unless he is a total bust at that point.

Kyrie is not going to be traded to the Lakers. If the two teams are meeting and discussing trades there are other players that might be discussed.
Last year or year before last when Lebron just joined the Lakers, he might have had the pull to get the team to take his son...fast forward 3 years later, Lakers are in the dumps and he will be 39/40 on the last year of his contract. I dont know if he will have that kind of sway to get the team to spend precious draft capital on what looks like a mediocre player, especially if the Lakers suck again the next two years.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 4 mvp View Post
Yeah Bronny is like what 5'10? His father is nearly a foot taller but since we're talking Lebron, he might be able to "arrange" things to get his son where they could possibly play on the same team.. even if he comes off the bench when games are going good.
Yeah but will Bronny's ego allow him to do that? That's the problem with the social media era we live in. 10-15 years ago he would have to earn that pub through his play, but he's been a social media celebrity as a high schooler for years now. He's basically a star before actually earning anything on the court.

If Lebron cares about the kid's long term future, I would steer him to either a mid level team or somewhere overseas kind of like what Lamelo did. Go play away from the L.A. lights. Let's see what he does. If he comes through (and that's a big if) then he will have a better chance or doing well in the NBA.

Personally, I'm not a fan of his game. He doesnt have his father's size, athleticism or court vision...and subconsciously that's the standard he will be held to by the fans and teams. I suspect he will do the one and done thing, maybe catch on with a team but in all likelihood crash and burn as he gets exposed as not being NBA level good. But he was born a multi millionaire so he will be fine. MJ's sons both played basketball and were no good either so he wont be the first son of an NBA legend to fall short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball