Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2023, 06:10 AM

4,121 posts, read 2,454,014 times

Advertisements

Hats off to Obi Toppin and Cam Reddish. From coach Thibs doghouse to starters on contending teams. Toppin had 27 last night. Both of them have to be more consistent but they are doing well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2023, 10:10 AM

1,366 posts, read 2,657,036 times
Draymond needs to be shipped off to an anger management program for like 6 months, because he is always doing this crap and it sets a bad example.

Old 11-15-2023, 11:07 AM

https://sports.yahoo.com/rudy-gobert...REZVpwwEK4DeXX

Repeatedly referring to Green's actions as "clown behavior,” Gobert said he couldn't react in the moment because he knew the Timberwolves needed him. Gobert also knew Green would attempt to get tossed from the contest when he learned Stephen Curry would miss the game due to a sprained right knee, he added. “It’s kind of funny because before the game, I was telling myself that Steph is not playing, so I know Draymond is going to try and get ejected. Because every time Steph doesn’t play, he doesn’t want to play – it’s his guy Steph. He’ll do anything he can to get ejected.” Green has 18 ejections in his professional career, many of which occurred in Curry's absence. His first seven ejections took place in games Curry played, a trend that shifted when Warriors star was ruled out due to a broken hand on Nov. 11, 2019. After that, Green was sent to the locker room in four games — all of which Curry missed. The 33-year-old has five other ejections without Curry since January 2020.

In addition to saying Green avoids doing his job whenever his favorite coworker is out, Gobert dissed the Warriors veteran's chokehold attempt.

“He’s grabbing me, he’s grabbing me, he’s grabbing me, [but] the choke wasn’t good enough," Gobert said via The Athletic. "Yeah, it wasn’t enough for me to really have to [pass out]. But he tried. He tried really hard, but it wasn’t good enough to where I felt like I was really in danger of falling asleep or something like that.” Green attempted the wrestling-style submission on Gobert for about nine seconds as team personnel, players and security attempted to break the commotion up. “It was a long time, and if he knew how to choke it could have been way worse,” Gobert added. “He tried to. His intention was to really take me out. And I kept my hands up the whole time just to show the officials that I wasn’t trying to escalate the situation.”

I know this could have been more serious if Draymond could actually perform the choke hold correctly but I was still amused at the absurdity of it all. His buddy wasn't playing so Draymond didn't want to play. He sounds like a toddler.

Old 11-15-2023, 12:57 PM

14,772 posts, read 14,764,686 times
Yep, travelled to Indianapolis early this year to see them in person for the first time in ten years; Steph got hurt halfway through the game and Draymond was acting out repeatedly afterward until he finally got ejected. It’s pitiful, but the Warriors execs and Warrior fans keep defending him so nothing changes.

Old 11-16-2023, 01:39 AM

11,022 posts, read 4,459,282 times
Why did Maxey only attempt 15 fgs (and 5 fts) in 39 minutes vs. Boston?
And Embiid only attempted 16 fgs (and 4 fts!) in 34 minutes?
Stage fright?
Drugged?

Old 11-16-2023, 03:56 AM

45,873 posts, read 27,520,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Why did Maxey only attempt 15 fgs (and 5 fts) in 39 minutes vs. Boston?
And Embiid only attempted 16 fgs (and 4 fts!) in 34 minutes?
Stage fright?
Drugged?
The first game that the Sixers won - Maxey had 27 shots (1 FT) and Embiid 20 shots (6 FTs).

Celtics obviously changed their plans to limit their shots.

Embiid did not look aggressive to me for most of the night.

Sixers also on a second game in a back-to-back scenario. Maybe a little tired...

Old 11-16-2023, 06:38 AM

After 10 games or so, my observations. In the east, looks like the Pacers are joining the elites: Sixers, Celtics, Bucks and Heat. My Knicks, Nets, Hawks and Magic are fighting for the middle of pack and play-in. Seems about right. Mild surprise with the Cavs and Raptors but it's early. In the west, the Rockets joining the elites: Nuggets, Mavs, Wolves(mild surprise), Thunder(not surprising to me and SGA, not Chet, is carrying them) and Kings. Warriors, Lakers, and Suns are fighting for middle of pack and play-in. Now that is surprising. Pelicans need to step it up a bit. The Clippers and Grizzlies are early season disappointments.

Old 11-16-2023, 07:54 AM

11,022 posts, read 4,459,282 times
Wolves could reach the Finals if they have home court advantage in the playoffs, so hope they finish top2 at least.
But Nuggets are the favorites easily, even without Murray they're hard to beat at home.

In the East, I'm sick of seeing Boston in the playoffs, and I don't think they'll ever win a ring so I hope somebody else wins the East, but how can anyone win a championship when they have to play at Denver in 4 of the 7 Finals games? Plus Jokic is so great in the playoffs Denver can win on the road.

Old 11-16-2023, 08:03 AM

1,366 posts, read 2,657,036 times
Quote:
how can anyone win a championship when they have to play at Denver in 4 of the 7 Finals games?
Yeah, the whole mile-high thing is a serious problem... Teams need to train in oxygen depletion!

Old 11-16-2023, 08:18 AM

45,873 posts, read 27,520,206 times
Quote:
Wolves could reach the Finals if they have home court advantage in the playoffs, so hope they finish top2 at least.
But Nuggets are the favorites easily, even without Murray they're hard to beat at home.

In the East, I'm sick of seeing Boston in the playoffs, and I don't think they'll ever win a ring so I hope somebody else wins the East, but how can anyone win a championship when they have to play at Denver in 4 of the 7 Finals games? Plus Jokic is so great in the playoffs Denver can win on the road.
Only need to win one game there - and take care of home court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball