Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 07:29 AM

4,059 posts, read 2,401,030 times

Advertisements

It's starting to get ugly in Philly.

James Harden has taken his war with the 76ers to the next level. After requesting a trade many times over, Harden, who planned to make things “uncomfortable” with Philadelphia until he is traded, no-showed practice on Wednesday, The Athletic reported. He has not been present with the team since Sunday, according to the report, and it is unclear “when and if” he will return to the team as he awaits a trade. 76ers coach Nick Nurse said he had no explanation for why Harden skipped practice on Wednesday but planned to proceed as if the disgruntled guard will play in the preseason finale.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/18/james-...trade-request/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2023, 07:51 AM

30,271 posts, read 11,905,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
It's starting to get ugly in Philly.

James Harden has taken his war with the 76ers to the next level. After requesting a trade many times over, Harden, who planned to make things “uncomfortable” with Philadelphia until he is traded, no-showed practice on Wednesday, The Athletic reported. He has not been present with the team since Sunday, according to the report, and it is unclear “when and if” he will return to the team as he awaits a trade. 76ers coach Nick Nurse said he had no explanation for why Harden skipped practice on Wednesday but planned to proceed as if the disgruntled guard will play in the preseason finale.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/18/james-...trade-request/
I heard that they have had 16 days of practice and Harden was only there once. I keep hearing that the Clippers still want him. I think Philly has to accept the best deal they can get from the Clippers and send him there. I am guessing it might be 3 team trade. I don't really get the Clippers. Add Harden a guy who disappears in the playoffs when it counts and both PG13 and Kawhi who seem to be hurt every year during the playoffs.

James Harden Rumors: Clippers Pursuing NBA Draft Assets for Potential 76ers Trade

"I'm told LA has continued to pursue additional draft assets from other teams in order to improve their offer to the 76ers," Charania said.

While the Clippers have attempted to trade for Harden throughout the offseason, Philadelphia president of basketball operations Daryl Morey hasn't been willing to accept a lesser package for the 10-time All-Star.

Morey has reportedly been the one "holding up the deal" in trade talks between the two teams (via Keith Pompey of The Philadelphia Inquirer
).

Old 10-31-2023, 05:57 AM

Well, as long as the Clippers don't go to game 6 or 7 of the playoffs, they'll be fine, lol. Listen, he'll quit on the Clippers as well. As soon as things don't go his way he starts thrashing about like a 3 year old, he'll take his ball and go home.

https://sports.yahoo.com/james-harde...113955542.html

Daryl Morey's long national nightmare is over. The Philadelphia 76ers executive agreed to trade 10-time NBA All-Star and one-time MVP James Harden to the LA Clippers early Tuesday, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The 76ers reportedly will receive Marcus Morris, Nic Batum, Robert Covington, Kenyon Martin Jr. and draft picks, according to Wojnarowski. Philadelphia will also receive a 2028 unprotected first-round pick, two second-round picks, a pick swap and an additional first-round pick from a third team, Wojnarowski reported. P.J. Tucker and Filip Petrušev are also part of the deal and will go to LA, according to ESPN. The 76ers will waive Danny Green to free up a roster spot to complete the deal, according to Wojnarowski. Harden has not played yet this fall, and he was reportedly stopped by security from boarding the team’s plane for the two-game, season-opening road trip last week. The NBA later opened an investigation into his absence, though Harden returned to the team’s bench for their home opener Sunday. He was set to practice with the team again Tuesday and ramp up to make his debut as soon as Thursday. Now, Harden will head to the other side of the country and prepare to start his season with the Clippers instead. It's unclear when he will make his debut. The Clippers have won two of their first three games this season and take on the Orlando Magic on Tuesday. Harden reportedly is "ecstatic" to join the Clippers and could be at Crypto.com Arena for Tuesday's game, according to ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

Old 10-31-2023, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Well, as long as the Clippers don't go to game 6 or 7 of the playoffs, they'll be fine, lol. Listen, he'll quit on the Clippers as well. As soon as things don't go his way he starts thrashing about like a 3 year old, he'll take his ball and go home.

https://sports.yahoo.com/james-harde...113955542.html
Actually I have a sigh of relief. There was some chatter recently that the Lakers might want to trade for him. He is oft injured, plays no defense and has never been a clutch player when it counts even when younger. Sure once in a while he will have a big game. But no one fears him any longer. That ship has sailed. I am glad he is on the Clippers.

Old 10-31-2023, 06:24 AM

Oh boy. The Lakers dodged a bullet if those rumors were true. Looking at the trade, sifting through all the draft swaps. It's Harden, PJ Tucker for Covington, Kenyon Martin Jr. Petrosev? Has he reached a game yet? Batum? A role player that has announced this is his last year playing. Marcus Morris doesn't play either, twilight of his career. Green was waived. Not that he affeected the game from the few games I seen him in this year. He should retire soon.

Old 10-31-2023, 07:04 AM

Well, no official Clippers thread. Don't even bother making one. Who would claim to be a Clippers fan? Even at this point. Just wanted to point out that this is quite the reunion. Westbrook, Leonard, George, and now Harden have probably known/played for/against each other since 7th grade. Let's see how these old childhood pals work out. I don't think in good conscience I can pick them to come out the west now. Have to pick the Suns.

Last edited by quiet life; 10-31-2023 at 07:24 AM..

Old 10-31-2023, 07:24 AM

14,727 posts, read 14,706,528 times
Quote:
Well, no official Clippers thread. Don't even bother making one. Who would claim to be a Clippers fan. Even at this point. Just wanted to point out that this is quite the reunion. Westbrook, Leonard, George, and now Harden have probably known/played for/against each other since 7th grade. Let's see how these old childhood pals work out. I don't think in good conscience I can pick them to come out the west now. Have to pick the Suns.
Heh, there was one Clippers fan here years ago. I remember how bummed he was when Blake Griffin, the generational #1 pick was out for the year just after getting drafted. There was also a pre-championship Warrior fan from NY who was a St Johns Mullin follower. I’m half-expecting the Spurs fans to come back with Wemby, too.

Old 10-31-2023, 08:03 AM

I grew up in LA and moved away in the early 2000's when they intentionally tanked every year with their odd racist owner. Nobody liked them. They just have such a history of being a bad team and a team with bad luck. I remember when Elgin Baylor was the GM for a couple decades. And his main job was to keep payroll as low as possible.

Even out here in Oklahoma you see Lebron and Kobe and other Lakers jerseys quite a bit. You never see Clipper jerseys. With the group they have now they are all too old to build any sort long term success. Adding Harden seems like a desperate one last attempt to make a run for it before they blow it up.

Old 11-01-2023, 07:41 PM

45,726 posts, read 27,348,625 times
Awkward...

Old 11-02-2023, 05:46 AM

Didn't seem too awkward although PG-13 was a little subdued. Those guys have known each other since they were teenagers. Hopefully, Harden is in shape and ready to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball