Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2023, 02:31 PM

30,190 posts, read 11,833,280 times

Advertisements

I have hired a lot of people over the years. Hundreds I would guess and one big red flag is if they have quit jobs because they did not like the management over and over. What I found is that if I did hire them they would have problems with me eventually also and I should have heeded the obvious warning. So I don't really feel bad for the Sixers. You bring in a guy who gets unhappy pretty quickly with his situation and demands to be traded and its not a surprise that he may not play if they don't trade him. Its Ben Simmons all over again. And Embiid cannot be happy. His championship window is slowly closing and he can't afford another season where a star on the team refuses to play.

James Harden reportedly plans to skip 76ers training camp and could force another standoff vs. his own team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2023, 03:02 PM

1,116 posts, read 453,576 times
The process has failed. Had just 1 more guy been a star, they would have had a shot.

Old 08-13-2023, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
The process has failed. Had just 1 more guy been a star, they would have had a shot.
Even if he backs down and shows up 100% I don't see them winning a title with that group. They lack heart when it counts.

Old 08-14-2023, 03:50 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,252,600 times
The process bred a losing culture, that culture still seeps in as evidenced by not getting past round 2 and having unhappy stars. May it be a cautionary tale for future GMs.

Old 08-14-2023, 05:29 PM

14,690 posts, read 14,668,136 times
Does anyone believe it’s coincidence Harden chose China for his evisceration of Morey?

Anyway, the Sixers screwed up when they chose Simmons over Butler. I thought they did well last offseason bringing in some glue guys, but it was the stars who failed (especially Harden) and guys like Maxey can’t do it all.

Last edited by Natural510; 08-14-2023 at 06:29 PM..

Old 08-14-2023, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Even if he backs down and shows up 100% I don't see them winning a title with that group. They lack heart when it counts.
Even if harden is in his prime now, its still not enough, They need another one time all star. As is, they need a top 10 player plus a 110% harden to have a shot.

Sixers might as well trade him for future firsts and deal with embiid. It would suck if embiid gets older and demands a trade, by then they will get much less future firsts. As is, embiid can be traded for 6 firsts plus some starters to balance out salary.

Old 08-15-2023, 05:43 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,868,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have hired a lot of people over the years. Hundreds I would guess and one big red flag is if they have quit jobs because they did not like the management over and over. What I found is that if I did hire them they would have problems with me eventually also and I should have heeded the obvious warning. So I don't really feel bad for the Sixers. You bring in a guy who gets unhappy pretty quickly with his situation and demands to be traded and its not a surprise that he may not play if they don't trade him.
From what I've read, Morey & Harden had an under the table agreement that if Harden took less money last year (so 76ers could get PJ Tucker), he'd get paid more next season. Or get a long term contract. But Morey isn't holding up to this now, so that's why Harden is calling him a liar.

If true, for once Harden may be in the right for being mad & wanting out.

Old 08-15-2023, 10:59 AM

4,003 posts, read 2,368,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
Even if harden is in his prime now, its still not enough, They need another one time all star. As is, they need a top 10 player plus a 110% harden to have a shot.

Sixers might as well trade him for future firsts and deal with embiid. It would suck if embiid gets older and demands a trade, by then they will get much less future firsts. As is, embiid can be traded for 6 firsts plus some starters to balance out salary.
Prime? More like twilight of his career. Listen, he's proven time and again that he flames out in the playoffs. In Houston and last playoffs in Philly. They can run it back but why do the same thing and get the same results. He's a complementary piece (second or third option) at this point.

Old 08-15-2023, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Prime? More like twilight of his career. Listen, he's proven time and again that he flames out in the playoffs. In Houston and last playoffs in Philly. They can run it back but why do the same thing and get the same results. He's a complementary piece (second or third option) at this point.
I said "even if he is in his prime" that means he is not, but if he still is in his prime, its still not enough to win.

Him and cp3 could have won in houston had cp3 not get hurt.

Old 08-15-2023, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
From what I've read, Morey & Harden had an under the table agreement that if Harden took less money last year (so 76ers could get PJ Tucker), he'd get paid more next season. Or get a long term contract. But Morey isn't holding up to this now, so that's why Harden is calling him a liar.

If true, for once Harden may be in the right for being mad & wanting out.

Interesting point. I don't blame Hardin in that case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball