Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 01:19 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times

Advertisements

PG: Luka Doncic
SG: Reggie Miller
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Nikola Jokic

This would be a good offensive team that wouldn't be able to guard a phonebook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2023, 03:52 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
All Bucks lineup

C: Kareem

F: Giannis

G: Ray Allen

G: Jrue Holiday - going to need perimeter defense to help out the other offense first guards. He's big & physical enough to play with the 80s guys.

PG: Oscar Robertson - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Oscar Robertson Better Than Michael Jordan and LeBron James

Edit: Just realized everyone of those players has a ring.

Last edited by everwinter; 12-12-2023 at 04:11 PM..

Old 12-12-2023, 06:03 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Love the lineup but you have all retired players except for Lebron. Have to swap out one of those retirees for an active player to perform this exercise.
OK I did not catch that.

Old 12-12-2023, 06:05 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
C: Kareem
PF: Bird
SF: Lebron
SG: MJ
PG: Magic

With this you have size, great defense, great shooters and 3 elite passers. And all five are very clutch when it counts. I believe there are 26 titles between them. I think Kareem would have adapted better to today's game than Wilt, Russell or Shaq. He had an excellent shooting touch and would have mastered the 3 if it been part of the NBA while growing up.
Kareem
Bird
Lebron
MJ
Luka

Old 12-12-2023, 06:56 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Favorites not the best.

1. Tynus Edney, he did make the league but it is for the UCLA title run.
2. Walt (Clyde) Frazier even with the flashier on court presence of Earl the Pearl Monroe in his back court he came with style.
3. Jimmy Butler at times he seems to just gut out games for his the Heat.
4. Pascal Siakum, during Toronto's title run his slashing to the rim just caught my eye more than Kwahi Leonard while breaking the Golden State dynasty.
5. Hakeem Olajuwan

Old 12-12-2023, 08:36 PM

10,758 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
PG: Luka Doncic
SG: Reggie Miller
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Nikola Jokic

This would be a good offensive team that wouldn't be able to guard a phonebook.
Larry Bird made 2nd Team All Defensive, 3 times.
And probably would have made it 5 or 6 times if he didn't try to fix his mother's driveway....

In the most physically violent era ever, Bird was strong and dirty, and could defend the low-post superbly.
So even though he was too slow to defend some of the Small Forwards, he was a great defender at the Power Forward position.

Dirk was not All Defensive but was not a bad defender, used his strength well, and Jokic has tremendous advanced stats defensively so his IQ makes up for his slowness. Jokic also has tremendous footwork, so his slowness is not the same as other people's slowness.

Old 12-12-2023, 08:48 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Best team to win if my life depended on it...

F - Bird, Embiid
G - Jordan, Curry
C - Abdul-Jabbar

Old 12-13-2023, 12:07 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Larry Bird made 2nd Team All Defensive, 3 times.
And probably would have made it 5 or 6 times if he didn't try to fix his mother's driveway....

In the most physically violent era ever, Bird was strong and dirty, and could defend the low-post superbly.
So even though he was too slow to defend some of the Small Forwards, he was a great defender at the Power Forward position.

Dirk was not All Defensive but was not a bad defender, used his strength well, and Jokic has tremendous advanced stats defensively so his IQ makes up for his slowness. Jokic also has tremendous footwork, so his slowness is not the same as other people's slowness.
True on all this. Bird, in particular, was a great defender. I'm talking the team as a whole compared to the other teams posted. For an all-time team it is a slow team, but they're my type of players as I like high IQ guys who can shoot.

Old 12-13-2023, 08:17 AM

10,758 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
True on all this. Bird, in particular, was a great defender. I'm talking the team as a whole compared to the other teams posted. For an all-time team it is a slow team, but they're my type of players as I like high IQ guys who can shoot.
At least Reggie Miller was quick. Very fleet of foot (off the ball). I always consider Miller a more athletic version of Klay Thompson. Though Klay was known more for defense, so I'm not sure how to rate Miller's defense. That 1998 Bulls-Pacers series was very physical, and I thought Miller did a good job defensively and showed a lot of toughness.

Old 12-13-2023, 08:41 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
This is not who you think the 5 best players are, but just your favorites....

And if Dwight Howard is signed by an NBA team this season then:
C. Karl-Anthony Towns
PF. Larry Bird
SF. Dominique Wilkins
SG. Anthony Edwards
PG. Michael Jordan
You’re going with Edward’s and Towns over your boy Ben Simmons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball