Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:47 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,636,619 times

Advertisements

This is part of the reason why I hate seeing the Lakers in the post season. Everytime there is a game in LA, the networks ALWAYS show shots of celebs in attendance. Yeah, I get, it is Hollywood, there will be famous people all at the game. Now, can I watch the game in peace with out the camera man showing some actor every 5 minuets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 09:55 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,252,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
This is part of the reason why I hate seeing the Lakers in the post season. Everytime there is a game in LA, the networks ALWAYS show shots of celebs in attendance. Yeah, I get, it is Hollywood, there will be famous people all at the game. Now, can I watch the game in peace with out the camera man showing some actor every 5 minuets?
I'd like that too, but it won't ever happen. NBC used to do it, and ABC is ruthless with it

Old 06-07-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I'd like that too, but it won't ever happen. NBC used to do it, and ABC is ruthless with it
That is the main culprit!

Seriously, most of the celebs are there just to be seen. I'm sure a good chunk don't know, or even care about the sport.

I know Jack is a HUGE Laker fan, but I get tired of seeing his grill all the time, too.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:44 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,252,600 times
Quote:
That is the main culprit!

Seriously, most of the celebs are there just to be seen. I'm sure a good chunk don't know, or even care about the sport.

I know Jack is a HUGE Laker fan, but I get tired of seeing his grill all the time, too.
I agree, there was this video I saw on youtube where a Lakers TV announcer was interviewing Nicole Richie, when asked what she was doing there, she said something like "I want to have sex with Kobe" It's pretty tiresome to say the least.

And does Jack ever take those shades off?

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 06-07-2009 at 10:54 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 01:15 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,034,475 times
Quote:

I know what you mean, the governor of New Mexico was there in the front row mixing with the celebs too, Im tired of seeing this crap with all the celebs being followers. Its like the Kentucky Derby, they just go to be seen.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:47 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,721,264 times
Is someone mad that the Magic lost game 2?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Is someone mad that the Magic lost game 2?
Who would that be?

Old 06-08-2009, 09:34 AM

78,499 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
I don't care about celebs so I don't care if they show them. If they want to show some gal looking incredibly hot then fine....and if she happens to be a celeb then whatever.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:58 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,618,430 times
Quote:
Or even worse, when they show the outside shots of the beaches and palm trees like that is all LA is about. Why don't they show skid row??

Old 06-08-2009, 01:53 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,649,309 times
I like seeing Jaaaccckk go crazy and start talking to the refs when he feels they made a bad call. I really like when he talks to the star player(s) after the game when they lose to LA. Speaking of Jack, shouldn't he be a Knicks fan or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball