Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2008, 12:55 PM

52 posts, read 249,914 times

Advertisements

OK...moving date is this Saturday (thanks again everyone for all your help!).

Don't know anyone in the city and I'm a huge ice hockey fan. Anyone have any suggestions on a sports bar near Lee Dr. (70808) where I might be able to catch a game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 01:04 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,464,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementia View Post
OK...moving date is this Saturday (thanks again everyone for all your help!).

Don't know anyone in the city and I'm a huge ice hockey fan. Anyone have any suggestions on a sports bar near Lee Dr. (70808) where I might be able to catch a game?
Daiquiri Cafe (Lee at Highland)
Champps (Corporate near Jefferson)
Walk-Ons (Burbank at Nicholson)
Lakeside Daiquiris (Burbank between W Lee and Gardere)

Disclaimer: I'm assuming the daiquiri places would have the game on. I may be wrong on these.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:59 PM

794 posts, read 3,356,827 times
Champps is by far my favorite so far. It's relatively new and located in Towne Center, Jefferson @ Corporate. Great food and great atmosphere.
I've heard good things about Buffalo Wild Wings on Bluebonnet. Walk-Ons is also alright. Pluckers on Nicholson near Jennifer Jean is a wing place, not so much a sports bar although it's attached to a bar and it has great tvs showing sporting events usually. And their food is great.
The Fox & Hound on College near Hooters is a pretty good sports bar/pub although it can get pretty smokie in there. The first time I went, I hated their mixed drinks, but the last time I went they were much better.

Welcome to BTR!

Old 01-24-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylwi View Post
Champps is by far my favorite so far. It's relatively new and located in Towne Center, Jefferson @ Corporate. Great food and great atmosphere.
I've heard good things about Buffalo Wild Wings on Bluebonnet. Walk-Ons is also alright. Pluckers on Nicholson near Jennifer Jean is a wing place, not so much a sports bar although it's attached to a bar and it has great tvs showing sporting events usually. And their food is great.
The Fox & Hound on College near Hooters is a pretty good sports bar/pub although it can get pretty smokie in there. The first time I went, I hated their mixed drinks, but the last time I went they were much better.

Welcome to BTR!
Ah, Hooters. Well, I was being PC by not mentioning it

Old 01-24-2008, 10:09 AM

Hahaha. And I only mentioned it as a point of reference.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylwi View Post
Hahaha. And I only mentioned it as a point of reference.
It has great buffalo wings....yes, that's what makes it a good restaurant.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 PM

Default Just as a follow up...

Neither Buffalo Wild Wings, The Station or Ivar's show ice hockey games .

I'm really beginning to think *no one* watches ice hockey around these parts.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:47 PM

Default hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementia View Post
Neither Buffalo Wild Wings, The Station or Ivar's show ice hockey games .

I'm really beginning to think *no one* watches ice hockey around these parts.
hahaha. Well, I won't say you are wrong about that, because I for one don't watch hockey. But have you asked the places you've been about changing the channel, assuming it's on ESPN or something. I'd guess most of the smaller places don't subscribe to the all access NHL channel.
But ask anyway. Many times, I've been in Champps on Corporate and the place is half empty and there literally isn't anything good to watch. I've even seen a hockey game playing from time to time on some of the smaller tv's. Ask them to put it on the big screen. I doubt they object. My group has asked them to put on a Lady Tigers basketball game on the big screen before (because it wasn't).
Just don't ask to replace a LSU sporting event or the Super Bowl for hockey around here.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:02 PM

Default Whoo...hoooo!

The night I posted that...I finally found a place with the game! The Fox and Hound...Champs is their sister store.

FYI...NHL games are carried on Versus...which isn't available on Cox. Otherwise you have to subscribe via satellite....which explains why I've had such a difficult time finding a place. Silly Yankee me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge