Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 09:16 AM

2 posts, read 6,423 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to BR this summer and have been searching for apartments. I've been reading in this forum about the dangers of living north of Florida Blvd, but I can't imagine that the entire city north of Florida could be all terrible.

Does anyone have any information on the area around Florida and Greenwell Springs Rd (just north of BRCC)?

Likewise, does anyone know the area of Wooddale Blvd, just north of Florida?

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 12:47 PM

794 posts, read 3,356,543 times
I'm not sure how much of that area is considered Mall City, but it's all generally characterized as low income and higher crime (although not the worst place in the city).
If you're staying within the city of Baton Rouge itself, then yes, everything north of Florida, east of I-110 is generally higher risk.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:00 PM

2 posts, read 9,644 times
I don't know about that area. You can look up neighborhood crime stats online. That's what I did before I moved here.
I'll give you the same advice I gave Adibzainuri. Try Goodwood Place apartmentsat the intersection of Government Street and Apartment Court Drive. They are within walking distance of BRCC.
A 1BR is $550 a month, a 2BR townhouse is $645, and a 2BR garden apartment is $745. They are a little run down, but they are in a very nice area. I found myself in a similar situation last winter. I rented sight unseen from Seattle and have been reasonably happy. Here is the office number: 225-929-6060. Copy and pate link below for more info.

[url=http://www.apartmentsbatonrouge.com/br_details.php?ListingNumber=32&cmbbedrooms=Any&cm bfromrange=Any&cmbtorange=Any&chkCableIncluded=&ch kFurnishedUnits=&chkInternetAvailable=&chkMicrowav e=&chkUtilities=&chkWDApartment=&chkWDConnections = &chkWoodBurning=&chkBusinessCenter=&chkControll edA ccess=&chkCourtyard=&chkCoveredParking=&chkFitness Center=&chkGarages=&chkLake=&chkLaundryFacility=&c hkPetsAllowed=&chkSwimmingPool=&chkTennisCourt=&ch kBusLine=&sortby=ListingName&sortorder=SORT_ASC&pa ge=3]Baton Rouge Search Results - DGP's Apartment Publications[/url]

Old 06-07-2008, 12:20 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,685,876 times
There are very few "decent" areas north of Florida Boulevard. The one thing that comes to mind is maybe Fernwood Drive. haven't been there in ages upon ages but I have an older relative that lives down there and I can't imagine her staying down there if it is that terrible. Then again there is really no point in my posting this since there are no apartments down there anyway. lol

Old 10-02-2008, 06:09 PM
a.v

1 posts, read 3,620 times
My little family and I are excited about purchasing a home, and moving into the immediate area surrounding Baton Rouge General( Florida). There are pockets of North Baton Rouge I feel safe being in. I think almost everyone who says ALL of one place is terrible has to be pretty ignorant! I would have never found my urban oasis if I'd have listened to everyone. I like the anonymity of living in the city provides. I actually feel safer and more creative in this part of Baton Rouge! As far as the schools are concerned I've always planned on homeschooling or sending my son to a non religious day school. Louisiana isnt known for its public schools!I'd never find in the "suburbs". If you ask me I'd be more afraid to live away from the city where no one can find me to help!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
View detailed profiles of: