Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 6,695 times

Advertisements

hello everyone

i've been reading so many good and bad things about baton rouge on this forum that i feel like i know the basics of the area. i am a single mom of 2 that is possibly taking a higher paying position in my company and in doing so would be relocating to BTR. i've read that zachary has the number one rated schools in the state and decided if i do get the promotion that is where i'd like to live. i'm in the airline industry and wondering how far zachary is from BTR airport? is there a lot of traffic getting back and forth? looking at homes in zachary it doesnt seem to be much selection except for building a home. are there apartments/houses for rent in zachary to move to while waiting on our home to be built? has anyone built a home in zachary and can give me an idea on timeline and if the prices on the websites are pretty accurate?

if i am offered the position i want to know as much as possible about moving to the area. i have lived in waco, texas all my life and all my family and friends are there and i would be completely alone except for my 2 daughters. there's so much to think about if we move and i know you all would have some great advice. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 07:23 PM

5 posts, read 21,487 times
Default Something to Think About!

I dont know much about Zackery but I can tell you..any move to La takes courage and tenacity. We are very southern which is the good news and the bad news for any single women hoping to impove their lot in life.. There is a considerable amout of male superiority which is nothing new but very cultural. It is changing slowly. Texas is much more progressive as far as acceptance of women in a male dominated work force. Thick skin is required.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:38 PM

2 posts, read 6,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Baudier View Post
I dont know much about Zackery but I can tell you..any move to La takes courage and tenacity. We are very southern which is the good news and the bad news for any single women hoping to impove their lot in life.. There is a considerable amout of male superiority which is nothing new but very cultural. It is changing slowly. Texas is much more progressive as far as acceptance of women in a male dominated work force. Thick skin is required.

thanks for replying. I'm used to males having issues with me being over them. that's nothing new but good to know that it's moreso in LA.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:49 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,467,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhoRU View Post
hello everyone

i've been reading so many good and bad things about baton rouge on this forum that i feel like i know the basics of the area. i am a single mom of 2 that is possibly taking a higher paying position in my company and in doing so would be relocating to BTR. i've read that zachary has the number one rated schools in the state and decided if i do get the promotion that is where i'd like to live. i'm in the airline industry and wondering how far zachary is from BTR airport? is there a lot of traffic getting back and forth? looking at homes in zachary it doesnt seem to be much selection except for building a home. are there apartments/houses for rent in zachary to move to while waiting on our home to be built? has anyone built a home in zachary and can give me an idea on timeline and if the prices on the websites are pretty accurate?

if i am offered the position i want to know as much as possible about moving to the area. i have lived in waco, texas all my life and all my family and friends are there and i would be completely alone except for my 2 daughters. there's so much to think about if we move and i know you all would have some great advice. thanks!
Zachary (and St. Francisville for that matter) is ideal if you work at the airport. I see it as a 15 minute commute. St. Francisville (depending on where you live) would b3 closer to 30 minutes. Both places have great schools. St. Francisville is more country (but has the advantage of nice scenery and hills).

Most of the activity I've heard of in Zachary is in homes and not apartments.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:52 AM

4 posts, read 25,882 times
Smile Have a House to rent, if you like

Hi just wanted to let you know that the airport is about 15 min from Port Hudson Pride Rd,Moderator cut: please use direct message feature, no advertising or soliciting on C-D We are not sure when we will be returning to Zachary. The schools are considered the best in LA. I don't have young children so I cannot say first hand. It is a nice little town. Most of the things we do, movies etc we still have to drive to Baton Rouge. If you are not interested in renting or buying our home perhaps you can refer someone else later. The prices of homes have varied greatly in the last two years. Right now the are several new homes a somewhat reasonable prices, then you have the usual unreasonable prices. So it is a matter of what you are looking for. The property taxes are much lower than they were in Houston, that I do know! MUCH LOWER. So, it has a somewhat small town flavor too. Baton Rouge is even small town like though it is terribly spread out. If I can help you please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhoRU View Post
hello everyone

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-11-2007 at 01:45 PM..

Old 11-28-2007, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,209 times
I do not know about the property taxes, but I do have information on the towns (seeing as how I live in St. francisville)

St. Francisville is quite country. It is quiet and has many homes over the age of 200 years. Many new houses are built also. There are a few quiet suberbs in st. francisville, along with 2 grocery stores a few restaurants, and other buildings. Quite good if yuo are old and want to live in peace. It is about 25-30 minutes away from an airport

Zachary, i know not as much of. It is closer to a city than st. francisville and has a wal-mart. It is about a 5-10 minute drive from Baker and propbably about 15-20 minutes away from an airport

Both of them have great schools with some of the (if not the) highest standard of education in Louisiana

Old 08-11-2008, 08:26 PM

6 posts, read 18,485 times
houses for rent!!! where are they at??????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge