Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 07:34 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,694,097 times

Advertisements

Geeks With Guns - Happiest and Saddest Cities in America (http://www.geekswithguns.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=424 - broken link)

Apparently, in 2005, research done by Men's health magazine showed that Baton Rouge was the 5th happiest city in the United States. I didn't know this until today when I ran across it on a google search. I knew that Baton Rouge was a happy place, overall, but I didn't realize we were that happy lol. Thoughts, anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 07:52 PM

3,079 posts, read 8,033,848 times
Now that's interesting. BR no. 5 and Sp no. 14. Maybe there is no pressure on us and we don't expect too much. Can't say. Some of the cities like Detroit and St. Louis probably have a lot of tension over crime and their economies. Louisiana people seem well satified with life which is ssomething I don't see much of in many of th e CD members. Oh I have my share of negativity but I try to be positive and happy in general and it basically works!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:06 PM

110 posts, read 390,839 times
Men's health gave br a D for for bad teeth

Old 08-01-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubianbrotha View Post
Men's health gave br a D for for bad teeth
Ohhh call the dental police. Guess who else had bad teeth...George Washington. You know, the one your beloved Washington, D.C. was named for. Stay on topic, please.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:31 AM

Since we're off topic for the moment. Can't believe Portland, Oregon and Salt Lake City, Utah have worse teeth than Baton Rouge, such nice places. D.C. is the 88th most dangerously drunk metro in the country. An F, while BTR got a B+. Apparently D.C. is one of the fittest cities for men and one of the most physically active, keep up the good work. Baton Rouge has the lowest amount of Melanoma death rates in men. Also of interest...aparently Indianapolis is the most sexually satisfied city. Whoodathunkit! lmao

Old 08-02-2008, 06:38 AM

100 posts, read 392,658 times
Laredo Texas and Corpus Christi scored ahead of us....both places that I avoid.

It's odd that the cities with all the hype, based on personal experience, end up sucking. I hated all of California, Portland, Atlanta, and Seattle.

I loved Anchorage, Chicago, and Memphis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge