Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 10:51 AM

3 posts, read 24,055 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to the BR area from the end of Jan and be here thru mid March and would appreciate if you could let me know of any apartments that do month-to-month leasing for a reasonable price. So far bluebonnet towers seems to be the most reasonable, anyone know what this community is like, and what the drive would be to the Exxon Refinery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 03:43 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,685,876 times
It's in a good area, but I have no first-hand knowledge of the complex itself. The Exxon Refinery is all the way across town. Assuming you'd be making the drive at rush hour, there would be a high volume of traffic on most main roads in East Baton Rouge Parish.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:52 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,464,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythegun View Post
I'll be moving to the BR area from the end of Jan and be here thru mid March and would appreciate if you could let me know of any apartments that do month-to-month leasing for a reasonable price. So far bluebonnet towers seems to be the most reasonable, anyone know what this community is like, and what the drive would be to the Exxon Refinery?
Only thing about Bluebonnet Towers is that it is converted student dorms from the Jimmy Swaggart Bible College. So you don't know how cheaply they built the apartments. Plus, I remember seeing signs once advertising that they would pay your utilities. So that puts a big question mark in my mind as to what kind of people they rent to. Still, it's in a good part of town, retail-wise. My advice would be to go there around 5:30-6 PM one day to see what it's like.

Depending on the time of day, traffic could range from so so to evil - Bluebonnet, with all the retail and subdivisions further to the south, has been getting some nasty traffic over the last several years.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:21 PM

40 posts, read 104,631 times
My ex wife and I looked at them when we were thinking of relocating from Saint Amant to Baton Rouge. The apartments are converted dorms so the studios don't have stoves. It is still owned by Jimmy Swaggart Ministries so there are rules against drinking and other things that would go against their beliefs. I would say it is the best bargin in Baton Rouge and to go for it.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 16,686 times
I'd like to piggyback on Jimmy's question and ask for more information on the Bluebonnet. I'll be moving down in late Feb. My family will join me in June, so I don't want to enter into a 6 month lease for an apartment, but I also want some time to investigate the area before I get a rental house or even purchase.

Is the Bluebonnet similar to an extended stay hotel? Is this a good place for a businessperson to park for a few months? Or is this more of a financial assistance residence - for people who need a place to stay while getting back on their feet?

Old 07-30-2012, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 11,096 times
Bluebonnet towers (Jimmy Swaggarts) is an exceptional place to stay. The building is WELL KEEP UP AND CLEAN. Utilities are paid. There are rules to follow such as no smoking/no drinking since it is a church property and two floors of it still being the dorm rooms for the Bible College. For it being a month to month lease, you cannot beat the prices and NO CRIME at all. SAFE AREA-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
View detailed profiles of: