Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 10:34 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,692,057 times

Advertisements

E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
You had to be there. Oh wait! you're not.
I'm here, in Bend, full time. I can tell you from the experiences of my neighbor & 2 other friends that the OP's case isn't uncommon right now. Our neighbor sold his house in less than 2 weeks. One of our friends just purchased a home & another cannot find one that meets their criteria to buy. The market has definitely picked up here. No, it's not the craze it was back in 2006-2008 right before the bubble burst, but it's steadily increased over the last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM

775 posts, read 1,259,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
E

I'm here, in Bend, full time. I can tell you from the experiences of my neighbor & 2 other friends that the OP's case isn't uncommon right now. Our neighbor sold his house in less than 2 weeks. One of our friends just purchased a home & another cannot find one that meets their criteria to buy. The market has definitely picked up here. No, it's not the craze it was back in 2006-2008 right before the bubble burst, but it's steadily increased over the last year.
This is what our friends who live there, as well as my parents, are saying to regardless of what my REA is telling us

Old 03-01-2013, 11:53 AM

775 posts, read 1,259,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chortle View Post
I've been lurking for months, and I have yet to see Pickle-ring post anything of value. I'm guessing he doesn't have much time in between episodes of screaming at the neighborhood kids to get off his lawn to think up anything useful.

L.O.L.
Every forum seems to have a know-it-all, and as you can see, they cover every forum in Oregon sometimes spewing their "wealth" of knowledge about every nook and cranny of this state. Always comes across like these folks have waayy too much time on their hands as opposed to offering any useful grain of knowledge to posters on the forum

Old 03-01-2013, 12:05 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,342,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapetrich View Post
What a childish response. Grow up.

Like Delta, I live in Bend full time. If you won't respond to none-locals for whatever reasons?, respond to us.

BTW - This is yet another example of Steve Pickering trolling.

---
I'll repost this because it is again apt:

Fundamentalism: "...a pretense of being the sole source of objective truth..."

Problem: "...One of the most common is that some claims made...cannot be proven, and are irrational, demonstrably false, or contrary to evidence..."

---
Any and all on this board are perfectly ok with you sharing your opinions, but when you state them as fact yet back them up with zero evidence, whether it be anecdotal or empirical, it leaves little reason for anyone to take your conjecture seriously......

Is there a reason for your personal attacks? I see no other purpose in this post.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
Every forum seems to have a know-it-all, and as you can see, they cover every forum in Oregon sometimes spewing their "wealth" of knowledge about every nook and cranny of this state. Always comes across like these folks have waayy too much time on their hands as opposed to offering any useful grain of knowledge to posters on the forum

Being a know-it-all and being a troll are two different things. If my post offends you, don't read them. I post what I either know to be true, or have a strong feeling to be true. I am sorry if a wealth of knowledge is disturbing to you, but let's stay on topic and stop the personal attacks. Take a look at my profile and check out the locations I have lived in during the last 65 years.

My posts are meant to inform, answer questions, and debunk misinformation. I have no other intent.

And my inbox is full of thank you messages or followups, from those who are here looking for information rather than looking for someones opinions or comments to attack.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:02 PM

This appears to be from a March 1st 2013 report ...

These are quotes from Oregon Housing, Portland, Eugene, Salem, Medford, Corvallis, Bend

"But the over-building of new homes has sent thousands of properties into default with adjustable rate mortgages."

"No place else in Oregon represented a market that was booming at exaggerated housing inflation like Bend, which attracts visitors for its winter snow skiing resort. The vacation home market in Bend has been crippled by the housing crisis, and is forecast to deflate an average of 12.8% for the year."

Old 03-01-2013, 01:16 PM

Further research shows that to be a 2010 report. Here is 2011 ....

"The vacation home market in Bend soared with the Eagles in the real estate boom only to crash. The exaggerated impact on the housing downturn has hurt the economy at one of Oregon’s finest ski resorts. The second home market has been seriously fractured by the foreclosure crisis as vacation homeowners walk away from properties in rising numbers. Bend is forecast to experience average home deflation of 11.5% for the year. "

and here is 2012 ....

"The influx, however, of foreclosures is projected to increase in 2012 as lenders release thousands of homes on to the market in Oregon housing markets after formally taking them back from their owners. The foreclosure crisis is driving home values south, and doesn’t have any end in site. "
… …

"The vacation home market makes up most housing sales annually in Bend, where snow skiers flock to ski down the mountains. The region has seen tough times after the real estate collapse, and is forecast to see home prices decline an additional 6.7% in 2012. "

Again, this is from Oregon, Portland, Eugene, Salem, Medford, Bend

Old 03-01-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
Steve, ... ...

If you know something that will help me reconsider a relocation to Bend in the future I would very much
appreciate that knowledge as I do seek to make a wise choice before moving my family across the country to a place with no future?

Best regards, curious snownut from VA

See my above posts with current unbiased reports from a national analysis.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,927,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
This appears to be from a March 1st 2013 report ...

These are quotes from Oregon Housing, Portland, Eugene, Salem, Medford, Corvallis, Bend

"But the over-building of new homes has sent thousands of properties into default with adjustable rate mortgages."

"No place else in Oregon represented a market that was booming at exaggerated housing inflation like Bend, which attracts visitors for its winter snow skiing resort. The vacation home market in Bend has been crippled by the housing crisis, and is forecast to deflate an average of 12.8% for the year."
That is a March 1st 2013 printing of the "Markets at a glance, 2010"
The other reports are 2011 and 2012. None of them are for 2013.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirnot View Post
That is a March 1st 2013 printing of the "Markets at a glance, 2010"
The other reports are 2011 and 2012. None of them are for 2013.
Ah, I am sure there will be when more than a couple of months of 2013 have passed. Is there some evidence you have that the report and predictions are, or were, wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend