Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 02:25 PM

2,542 posts, read 4,003,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
Appears Bend is having more of that "very unusual" nice fall weather.
With all the research you have done do you honestly believe that the usual fall weather in Bend is solid blue skies, sunny and warm?

Quote:
Beginning to think I will look forward to several days or even a week of clouds whenever I live there year round.
Not to worry. Just one long winter will grant your wish.

Quote:
Looking at my "obsessive" weather/sky logs since 1/1/13 Bend as had 68 more sunny days than here in VA.
6 days ago you posted that you had 21 more grey days than Bend.

Quote:
So far this year we have had 3 weeks more cloudy grey days than Bend.

Last edited by BendLocal; 10-19-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 03:38 PM

722 posts, read 1,353,607 times
With all the research you have done do you honestly believe that the usual fall weather in Bend is solid blue skies, sunny and warm?

Yes! 300 days of sunshine, come on get with the program.

Not to worry. Just one long winter will grant your wish.

Can't wait for the 9 months of winter to get started soon, that means winter will be over next July 19th right?

6 days ago you posted that you had 21 more grey days than Bend.

Yes! exactly right, you are copy pasting correctly but missing most of the other days.

There are sunny, mostly sunny, partly cloudy, mostly cloudy and cloudy days in my data.

My data is very clear if you understand it.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
There are sunny, mostly sunny, partly cloudy, mostly cloudy and cloudy days in my data.
Cool. So how does the detail break down?

Old 10-19-2013, 10:42 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,690,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendLocal View Post
Does it really matter? If you must know, perhaps send snownut a direct message.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:24 AM

722 posts, read 1,353,607 times
Quote:
I will send you the summary at the end of the year. Bend has more sun than I expected when I first began researching. As I have mentioned before I am not liking the climate there because it is a sunny place but because I am sick of living in a wet place with hot humid summers, Bend is certainly a paradox to that.

If Bend ends up have equal or more sunshine than here that is just a bonus to go with the dryness.

What I have learned so far is Bend sky appears more changeable than here, at least this year. It can go from grey to sun with some blue and back to grey very quickly out there. Here in VA there are not many of the 95% sunny days like happen there, the dominant sky here is partly cloudy, with few days of bumper to bumper sun. Enjoy the nice fall there is is going to be nice here all week too.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:22 AM

1,337 posts, read 3,278,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
Does it really matter? If you must know, perhaps send snownut a direct message.
BendLocal = The new StevePickering. At least BendLocal does seem to live here, though....we're on the up and up!

Old 10-20-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Bend has more sun than I expected when I first began researching.
You thought Bend would have less than 162 days of sun? Was it because of Oregon = very rainy stereotype?

Quote:
As I have mentioned before I am not liking the climate there because it is a sunny place but because I am sick of living in a wet place with hot humid summers, Bend is certainly a paradox to that.
This I understand. Its why I moved to the West Coast.

Quote:
Enjoy the nice fall there is is going to be nice here all week too.
The weather right now is incredible! The trail-heads were packed this weekend.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:56 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,926,537 times
I may have brought sunny hot weather with me in July, but this last weekend?
You are welcome.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Yes! 300 days of sunshine, come on get with the program.
I know you were kidding but 208 cloudy days is reported to be the historical average by Homefacts.

The Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowedwebsite rates Bend a D+ for chance of sunshine.

Bend historical weather data by month.

ANNUAL CHANCE OF SUNSHINE 42.89617486%

.......Month%..............Sunny Clear Days.................Partly Cloudy Days..................Cloudy Days
January 19.35% ...................2.............................. ...........4...................................... ..25
February 25.00%..................3......................... .................4................................ ........21
March 29.03%......................3..................... .....................6............................ ............22
April 36.67%.........................4.................. .......................7.......................... ..............19
May 46.88%.........................6.................. ........................9......................... ..............17
June 53.33%.........................8.................. .......................8.......................... .............14
July 77.42%.........................16................. ........................8......................... ...............7
August 74.19%.....................14..................... ....................9............................. ...........8
September 68.97%................12.......................... ...............8.................................. ......9
October 45.16%.....................5...................... ...................9.............................. .........17
November 25.81%...................2........................ .................6................................ .......23
December 16.13%...................1........................ .................4................................ .......26

Last edited by Yac; 11-08-2013 at 05:13 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 12:39 AM

1,337 posts, read 3,278,814 times
Default Hh!!h

7 days of pure clouds in July and 8 days of pure clouds during August. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!AJAHHADHF:LSDFIJ;dlsakjsdf;a lskdjfa;sldfj

A 77% chance of sunshine in July and 75% chance in August.

These July/August statistics should show ANYONE who has EVER spent a July/August in Bend their blatant inaccuracy.

Quote:
I know you were kidding but 208 cloudy days is reported to be the historical average by Homefacts.

TheModerator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowedwebsite rates Bend a D+ for chance of sunshine.

Bend historical weather data by month.

ANNUAL CHANCE OF SUNSHINE 42.89617486%

.......Month%..............Sunny Clear Days.................Partly Cloudy Days..................Cloudy Days
January 19.35% ...................2.............................. ...........4...................................... ..25
February 25.00%..................3......................... .................4................................ ........21
March 29.03%......................3..................... .....................6............................ ............22
April 36.67%.........................4.................. .......................7.......................... ..............19
May 46.88%.........................6.................. ........................9......................... ..............17
June 53.33%.........................8.................. .......................8.......................... .............14
July 77.42%.........................16................. ........................8......................... ...............7
August 74.19%.....................14..................... ....................9............................. ...........8
September 68.97%................12.......................... ...............8.................................. ......9
October 45.16%.....................5...................... ...................9.............................. .........17
November 25.81%...................2........................ .................6................................ .......23
December 16.13%...................1........................ .................4................................ .......26
Edit: I love how December and January have more purely cloudy days than July/August have sunny clear days. ANYONE WHO LIVES HERE can tell you those numbers couldn't be MORE in the reverse.

Seriously, who can legitimately agree (besides the infamous BendLocal) that December and January (definitely our cloudiest months) have, on average, 25 and 26 days of purely clouded days?

I can say, without question, if these statistics were even remotely true I would have relocated by now. I've lived in London which is on par, if not worse than, Portland/Seattle and I despised the clouds. They got to me, both physically and emotionally.

What a ******* joke.

Edit, Edit: This site is just too good! According to this site Portland has a 39% chance of sunshine while Bend has a 43% chance of sunshine! Completely, it's definitely only 4% sunnier in Bend than it is in the valley.....HAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by Yac; 11-08-2013 at 05:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend