Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 04:05 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times

Advertisements

On my first move from Oregon to Arizona I bought an old 5 ton truck and moved two families. Even with fuel and two new front tires I sold it for twice the cost to move within a week after getting to Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 12:23 PM

20 posts, read 30,411 times
We're moving to Bend on Dec 1st and trying to make the move as easy as possible (It's a 14 hr drive for us).......After reading this thread, I feel really good about my decision to sell all of my furniture and start new once we get there. We're renting a fully furnished place for the first few months until we get our groundings. We're just keeping whatever we can fit in my car and his truck...and that's it! Everything else stays. We're hoping to make this move with spending under $800 (Just one hotel room overnight....gas and food for a day and half) ...I'll let you guys know how close to our mark we are I think we can do it (drive thrus and Motel 6 should keep us close to it, haha)

Old 10-19-2014, 02:07 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoGirlie View Post
We're moving to Bend on Dec 1st and trying to make the move as easy as possible (It's a 14 hr drive for us).......After reading this thread, I feel really good about my decision to sell all of my furniture and start new once we get there. We're renting a fully furnished place for the first few months until we get our groundings. We're just keeping whatever we can fit in my car and his truck...and that's it! Everything else stays. We're hoping to make this move with spending under $800 (Just one hotel room overnight....gas and food for a day and half) ...I'll let you guys know how close to our mark we are I think we can do it (drive thrus and Motel 6 should keep us close to it, haha)
Check the weather & road conditions before you travel...

https://tripcheck.com/Pages/RCMap.asp?curRegion=0

California Department of Transportation..

Drive Safely...

Old 10-19-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Check the weather & road conditions before you travel...

https://tripcheck.com/Pages/RCMap.asp?curRegion=0

California Department of Transportation..

Drive Safely...
Thanks! I'll bookmark those sites to keep an eye out when it gets closer to the time. Hopefully the weather won't be too crazy in late Nov/ early Dec. I do, however, live in snowy conditions now, so we have cars that can make the trek if conditions get bad. (a 4x4 truck and the almighty Subaru)

Old 10-19-2014, 04:40 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,241,915 times
Quote:
Thanks! I'll bookmark those sites to keep an eye out when it gets closer to the time. Hopefully the weather won't be too crazy in late Nov/ early Dec. I do, however, live in snowy conditions now, so we have cars that can make the trek if conditions get bad. (a 4x4 truck and the almighty Subaru)
The passes in NorCal and Southern Oregon are the ones that get the worst in the whole region. So if you're coming from south of here - like CA, AZ, you may want to be extra careful. If you're coming from the east - in my experience those passes aren't that bad and you'll have plenty of warning if they are.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
The passes in NorCal and Southern Oregon are the ones that get the worst in the whole region. So if you're coming from south of here - like CA, AZ, you may want to be extra careful. If you're coming from the east - in my experience those passes aren't that bad and you'll have plenty of warning if they are.
Thanks, Redguard Appreciate the heads up . We're coming from the south, so we'll put our serious driving faces on I drive a dangerous, snowy, winding mountain road /hwy everyday in the winter where I live now, so hopefully it won't throw us too hard if we run into anything.
We'll just hope n pray for easy, dry weather on Dec 1st and and 2nd....it can go crazy as soon as we get there! I'm ready for some snow!

Old 10-19-2014, 06:06 PM

722 posts, read 1,353,780 times
Quote:
Good luck and please do let us know how it works.

I pulled off a cross country move this past summer which included a 10 day Penseke Truck Rental towing a trailer with car and airline tickets for my wife and daughters. Total cost for everything was around $8,000. Still a bunch of money but not too bad for a house load of stuff, trailer, lodging, diesel fuel, food and airline tickets for 3. We got rid of a bunch of stuff but honestly wish we had moved less, the furniture stuff we brought is mostly not working in our new home and we are slowly selling and replacing.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
Good luck and please do let us know how it works.

I pulled off a cross country move this past summer which included a 10 day Penseke Truck Rental towing a trailer with car and airline tickets for my wife and daughters. Total cost for everything was around $8,000. Still a bunch of money but not too bad for a house load of stuff, trailer, lodging, diesel fuel, food and airline tickets for 3. We got rid of a bunch of stuff but honestly wish we had moved less, the furniture stuff we brought is mostly not working in our new home and we are slowly selling and replacing.
Thanks! And I will

Wow, sounds like it was quite the project! Yea, we are doing everything to avoid renting any sort of moving aid for this trip. All of our money is going towards the place we are moving into and to float us until we get settled in

Old 10-19-2014, 08:27 PM

351 posts, read 1,283,697 times
PhotoGirlie, you are coming from the south..... and you say you it takes 14 hours to get here..... Can I make a Guess that you are coming here from Big Bear, California ????

Quote:
Thanks, Redguard Appreciate the heads up . We're coming from the south, so we'll put our serious driving faces on I drive a dangerous, snowy, winding mountain road /hwy everyday in the winter where I live now, so hopefully it won't throw us too hard if we run into anything.
We'll just hope n pray for easy, dry weather on Dec 1st and and 2nd....it can go crazy as soon as we get there! I'm ready for some snow!

Old 10-19-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypros View Post
PhotoGirlie, you are coming from the south..... and you say you it takes 14 hours to get here..... Can I make a Guess that you are coming here from Big Bear, California ????
Great guess, Skypros! More specifically, Lake Arrowhead........Do you know the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend