Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 12:30 AM

11 posts, read 71,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorbrew View Post
I am sorry to learn that you found religious intolerance where you have been living, especially since it was in a town in Southern California. But it does tend to prove that religious intolerance can be found anywhere. Unfortunately, every institution (religion included) has some members who do not represent the highest principles of the organization.
I lived over fifty years in Southern California and didn't find it any more intolerant than most other places. (try Utah, for example) In fact, Southern Californians tend to tolerate all sorts of things.
Now, my wife and I divide our time between Northern California and Southern/Central Oregon. As far as Bend is concerned, I think you'll find that the "new Bend" which has developed during the past 15 years is quite cosmoplolitan for a town its size. I don't think you'll find any appreciable amount of religious intolerance in Bend unless you are forced to be around such persons because of your work or some other social situation such as that.
There are many good reasons to move to Bend or the neighboring towns in Central Oregon. If you like the area, go for it! Any religious issues that might arise can be effectively dealt with, if you are willing.
minorbrew
Wow. That is helpful info also. Thank you.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
Why not post this on the Oregon forum????
YEAH.... I am just not getting how to edit my oops.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:33 PM

279 posts, read 1,088,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette-dude View Post
Bend, isn't that the town where the man, but actually a woman physically having their 2nd kid....
Yes, it is ... and, hopefully, they are able to live there with impunity and tolerance. It takes all kinds to make the world go around, and a "free spirit" such as yourself should understand that.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:49 AM

5,506 posts, read 8,245,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina-in-Ashland View Post
Yes, it is ... and, hopefully, they are able to live there with impunity and tolerance.
So then when people post Looking For Pregnant Man Friendly Community in Oregon, we can refer them to Bend.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:17 AM

114 posts, read 336,245 times
Only if you are really still a woman who likes publicity. I don't think you can "technically" qualify for being a man- if you still have a uterus.

But it is a very tolerant and great community. Don't forget we also had the lawn chair balloon man.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:39 PM

9 posts, read 27,346 times
Default Keep BEND tolerant. [Really]

As a Democrat recently turned Independent, I've had it with people of my own erstwhile party calling themselves 'free-thinkers'. They are the most INTOLERANT people I've ever met. Insisting on everyone thinking just as they do. I've never encountered as much open hostility and hatred in my life, as I have this summer from Obama supporters who insisted that I vote and think just like them. Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was still a free country! I just love the way they project their intolerance on everyone else. Actually, they are the PROBLEM. They seek to cloak their own agendas in their vociferous accusations of everyone else's faults. So, "itsjustmehere", I suspect Bend will ultimately be much happier WITHOUT your fault-finding, control-freak, know-what's-right-for-everyone-else, HYPOCRYTICAL presence. Yeah, you're the kind of Cali that Oregon doesn't need, although I know you've got lots of company up here. Now you've all ruined CALI...time to run...

Old 11-24-2008, 07:43 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,710,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesWeHaveNoBananas View Post
As a Democrat recently turned Independent, I've had it with people of my own erstwhile party calling themselves 'free-thinkers'. They are the most INTOLERANT people I've ever met. Insisting on everyone thinking just as they do. I've never encountered as much open hostility and hatred in my life, as I have this summer from Obama supporters who insisted that I vote and think just like them. Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was still a free country! I just love the way they project their intolerance on everyone else. Actually, they are the PROBLEM. They seek to cloak their own agendas in their vociferous accusations of everyone else's faults. So, "itsjustmehere", I suspect Bend will ultimately be much happier WITHOUT your fault-finding, control-freak, know-what's-right-for-everyone-else, HYPOCRYTICAL presence. Yeah, you're the kind of Cali that Oregon doesn't need, although I know you've got lots of company up here. Now you've all ruined CALI...time to run...
Hhhmmmm....I'm sensing some hostility here. Glad I don't know many people like you in Bend or I would reconsider my move here.

Don't worry, itsjustme, Bend is great and most of us really don't care if your from California or not. Last time I checked, it still is part of the US and we are free to move about the country as we please. And Bananas, your being a little hyocrytical yourself here. Preaching tolerance, when you make it very clear that you are not tolerant, wow.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:47 PM

9 posts, read 27,346 times
Default Keep Bend Democratic

WOW, Delta07, I notice you don't have much of a problem with "itsjustmehere" being intolerant towards the group of "christians". Selective, aren't you? This is exactly what I'm referring to. 'itsjustmehere' is clearly intolerant of Christians. And so, I imagine, Delta07are you. You are clearly intolerant towards ANYONE who doesn't share your exact opinion, and dutifully reflect it in society. Actually, I think it would GREAT if you would move. I might even offer to PAY your way. The more of you that leave, the more free and democratic Oregon will be. Take your POISON to some other state.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:47 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,710,611 times
itsjustmehere, I hope you don't let bananas opinion represent the majority of people living in Bend. It's obvious they are not tolerant, and don't value other people's choices. If they feel that we are "intolerant" of christians, then that is their choice. It's hardly the case with me, and I'm sure of you, but why argue a point when they've already formed an opinion about us.

Bend is a wonderful place and seems to be open to all viewpoints. Regardless of whether you are Christian, Atheist, Jewish, etc. you will find that Bend will be welcoming to your family. I choose to value everyone's opinion, even if I don't share it, and Bend is a community that respects each other and all of our differences. After all, this is America, and we are all free to choose where we live. I have no intention of leaving Bananas, sorry!

So, itsjustmehere, come on up to Bend and see what a wonderful place it really is. Don't let one troll spoil your outlook! Frankly, I don't even know if bananas lives in Bend.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:45 PM

Thanks delta07,
You seem just like the type of neighbor I'd like to have. Thanks for all the nice things you had to say, I hope that there are others more like yourself. I think I will come up there real soon to check it out. And, regardless I need to get out of here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend