Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 01:16 AM

17 posts, read 53,242 times

Advertisements

Aloha everyone. I just returned to the Bay Area after a one week stay on the B.I. This will be my 4th B.I. trip. It was our 16 month old daughter's first vacation and first time on a plane. She did excellent on the flights btw. I just wanted to share a detailed view of our daily activities with all of you.
Wednesday to Wednesday:
Wednesday: Touched down at Kona Airport at 4pm and picked by my wife's best friend. Off to her boyfriends place in Waimea where a mini feast was waiting for us. Spicy poke and kimchee squid! Cool and wet out there but still beautiful.
Thursday: Off to Kapoho where we rented a house for a couple of days. First, breakfast at Hawaii Style. Stopped in Hilo for a couple of hours. Picnic at Asian Park (I think), walked Front Street and Grabbed a few things at the farmer's market. Arrived at our beautiful house in Kapoho, Waiopae area. Dinner at Ning's Thai in Pahoa.
Friday: Trip to Kalapana and then to Volcanoes Park. Took my daughter to Madam Pele at Kilauea, Thusrston Lava tube, and Devastation trail. Dinner at Boogie Woogie Pizza in Pahoa.
Saturday: Pure water fun and relaxation. Morning at Ahalanui Lava tube heated Pond. Noon to afternoon snorkling at Waiopae. Late afternoon at Champagne Pond.
Sunday: Sadly say goodbye to Kaphoho and Pahoa. Off to Waikoloa Marriott. Walked the resort then went night swimming with my daughter under the stars.
Monday: Hapuna all day! Nuff said! Then dinner at Sansai Sushi at Queen's Shops, Waikoloa.
Tuesday: Bittersweet. Miss the Big Island already, and I hadn't even left yet. Picnic at Kawaihae Harbor, followed by 3 hours of Paddleboarding. A'bay for sunset. A great way to say goodbye to our friends on the B.I. Tears.
Wednesday: Dang 1030am flight. So sad.
There it is folks. I miss it so bad, my heart hurts. Until 2012... Aloha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 01:20 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
Every time I leave Hawaii (we go every 2 years), my heart hurts.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:32 AM

Yeah, I'm definetly going thru a slump/depression right. Back here on the mainland I'm trying my best to adjust. Got my butt kicked on my first week of being back at work. It was tough because I was at work but I could still feel the ocean flowing under me. I miss my sandals and board shorts. Shoes suck. I know moving there is not an option for me now. I will plot my retirement now. In 20 to 25 years, I will make the B.I. my home.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:47 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,690,061 times
Thanks for the travel details. Sounds like you guys really experienced a lot of what the BI is about. Next time someone asks what to do in Hawaii, you can send them a link to your post.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:14 PM

404 posts, read 1,246,700 times
Great trip report!

Old 09-15-2010, 02:26 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,308,469 times
Nice post! Appreciating the Big Island really requires getting away from the resorts for at least part of a visit!

Old 09-18-2010, 08:03 PM

Thanks for the nice comments. Our friends wanted to show us more but we didn't have enough time to stay. You really do have to get away from the resorts to see the Big Island properly. That's why I defend PUNA when people suggest it is bad there. It is not. I'll be staying out there again next time. It's been more than two weeks since we came back and I haven't snapped out of it yet. Aloha

Old 09-18-2010, 08:53 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,690,061 times
Hey, don't even think of "snapping out of it". Try to live your life with aloha no matter where you are!

Old 10-02-2010, 12:18 AM

41 posts, read 122,196 times
Wife and I agree with the hearbreak of leaving, and also live not far from Rebelryng and the Bay area. If the economy were any better we'd already be over in Puna. I lived in Waimea until I was 15, and never forgot the Big Island. Wife and I got married at a VRBO on the ocean in HPP, and try to get back yearly. Cynmkolohe may appreciate the sticker in our motorhomes back window: "Why be Normal? Jungle Love, Pahoa" !

Old 10-05-2010, 07:38 PM

115 posts, read 471,843 times
Thanks for visiting, we look forward to your return. Aloha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island