Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:10 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,685,783 times

Advertisements

20 years ago, pager salesmen were still making money on Hawaii

A lot have changed in 20, 10, 5, 3, years and even from what it was january2011 to now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 02:11 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,590,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobwilliam77 View Post
Just seemed like an idea. I visited Kona, Hawaii almost 20 years ago (Feb, 1992) and those jobs were popular there back then.

With the big island hotel occupancy rates around 57% up from last year its still very low. also the op is looking for Hilo jobs and with a very few hotels on this side of the island the vast majority of them on the Kona side its 2 hour drive to either side on a god day each way.

If the op is still reading this try looking at the big island section of craigslist to see whats open keep in mind there is alot of scams but its the best place to look.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:51 PM

Edit: Op said either side of island so commute is a mute point

my bad

Old 10-29-2011, 02:18 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,038,603 times
"mute point" is one which doesn't speak. "moot point" is one which is debatable. Although, I suppose either one would work in this instance. Haven't heard back much from the O.P., though.

It seems things have been strained a bit more just this past four to six weeks, dunno why, though, just seems folks are a bit more stressed lately. Anyone have any idea why? Less jobs out there? Higher prices? Just a cumulative effect?

Old 10-29-2011, 07:39 PM

2 posts, read 9,906 times
Thank you to all that has sent replies you have helped me out a great deal. We will be moving as I said in my prior post..... we are leaning more towards Hilo as that is where his family lives. Even with the some what negative post, I am looking forward to being a part of that life. I want a change and he is ready to come back home. I am not expecting paradise, as I know that we will be living there not vacationing which means we will be living life exactly as we are here*to an extent*.....again thank you all for you help and advice.... If you think of anything else helpful please post.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:39 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,038,603 times
Hilo is a comfortable town and hopefully you will find all you need. Having family nearby is a really good thing, too. Ask them for advice and find a place to live close enough to them that you will be able to see them frequently. They will be one of your best resources. Although, it's a circular thing, so you get to help them out as you can, too. They help you, you help them and everyone is stronger.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,724 times
Default Johnny

You all are scaring me, i'm in health care in Palm Beach County Fl. and am moving to Keaau in April, already have residence, no car, no extra baggage (kids) just the best Behavioral Health Technician in So. Fl. and in love with my new found (and residence of Keaau) high school sweetheart!
Is Health Care A good field to get into There? johnny

Old 11-16-2011, 07:30 PM

2 posts, read 3,724 times
I might be your neighbor birdmove, coming soon to HPP on 7th st. leaving Palm Beach Fl. in april. 20 years restaurant/ Hotel exp and 2+ years in Health Care, have any suggestions?

Johnny!

Old 11-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuttj View Post
I might be your neighbor birdmove, coming soon to HPP on 7th st. leaving Palm Beach Fl. in april. 20 years restaurant/ Hotel exp and 2+ years in Health Care, have any suggestions?

Johnny!

Just down the street from me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island