Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 06:55 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,447,587 times

Advertisements

Ok guys & gals how do i find a live in nanny that i can trust and not worry about them in the house there on the island .My girlfriend is in the first part of her pregnancy and she & her daughter are going to move to the BI there with me when i semiretire here next year .We are waiting for the daughter to get out of school and her to have the child by mid june nd then come to the BI.

She has taken the Hawai'i state bar exam to pratice law there and passed plus she won the bet we had on the test score and i have to do a hulu for her work Xmas party .I still say the test was rigged and that all i'm going to say on that one.

We have travel back to the Bi to look at places along with talk to diff companys there about her getting on with them Plus she did find work with a local office there after four vist's there to see the local area we had to planned to live in and getting her law degree tranferred there so she can pratice law there . .She has changed her driver's lic's to Hawai'i and gotten Hawai'ian ID cards as i told her it easlyer to deal with people when they think you live there .

We also checked out the local schools for her daughter to go to along with finding local doctor's for her and the kids to go to .

Here is my part of the problem as i see it when i have to travel back to the mainland for work or overseeing something i will not be around for a while up to three months at the longest timeframe when i'm gone

I have talked to my family there and i can get help there but some of the people are going to be going back to the mainland for work because of the sad state there .I have offered some of the family members there the work and some are thinking about it .But with the sad state of the local area work they are planning to go to mainland for work .Plus i thinking it going to be better just to have a full time person in the house to help with keeping eye out on the kids when they are there in the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 07:31 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,462,950 times
You can contact PATCH to see who has certification/clearance for child care. I have a few friends who did this for child care when they went back to work. However, this was for out-of-home care, not a live-in nanny. Still, they might be able to point you in the right direction. Also, word of mouth (coconut wireless) is a good way to find people and learn about them...

Old 12-13-2011, 07:37 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,447,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar0 View Post
You can contact PATCH to see who has certification/clearance for child care. I have a few friends who did this for child care when they went back to work. However, this was for out-of-home care, not a live-in nanny. Still, they might be able to point you in the right direction. Also, word of mouth (coconut wireless) is a good way to find people and learn about them...
We are doing the word of mouth and so far it not work well but there is still time to find someone

Old 12-14-2011, 04:42 PM

219 posts, read 497,935 times
You might consider calling the schools later on, sometimes teachers and aides need/want extra work. These would be people that passed the background check and well qualified for childcare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island