Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 10:54 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,051,613 times

Advertisements

Our arrival in Hilo is less than three weeks, so we went ahead and ordered our phone/DSL from Hawaiian Telcom on Tuesday. Despite others' fears, ordering it was a piece of cake and our landlord e-mailed me that our modem arrived today! That was pretty darned fast. I promise to give a full report on the speeds after we are there for a few days. I can vouch that their customer service over the phone was top notch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 12:11 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,430,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiloDiver View Post
Despite others' fears, ordering it was a piece of cake and our landlord e-mailed me that our modem arrived today!
What? Someone told you that you'd have trouble getting DSL service at your new place? Why, I'm shocked. Shocked, I say!

Old 08-04-2012, 07:28 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,121,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
What? Someone told you that you'd have trouble getting DSL service at your new place? Why, I'm shocked. Shocked, I say!

What's up with all the sarcasm?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

What's up with all the sarcasm?
HiloDiver knows... She was given a bunch of grief here earlier on this subject, and others, by folks with no sense of humor, and I was just giving her a laugh about it.

But what's up with the potshots (plural) ?

Last edited by OpenD; 08-04-2012 at 09:17 AM..

Old 08-04-2012, 10:16 AM

Indeed, it was some refreshing humor in a topic that went off in the wrong direction for a while.

I was wondering why someone who lives in Lake Worth, Florida felt the need to voice any opinion in this topic. It's obvious that his/her post did not add anything useful to the topic of ordering high speed internet in Hilo.

Last edited by HiloDiver; 08-04-2012 at 11:06 AM..

Old 08-24-2012, 12:13 AM

Well, it's our first night in our new home; I'm outside on the lanai typing on my laptop using our new Hawai'i Telecom internet using the free wireless router that came with it, and OH MY GOSH it is lightning fast!!! I've used T1 lines on the mainland in previous jobs and have never seen photos, pages, even YouTube videos load so quickly. This is AWESOME. The cheap bundled landline is terrific too. Now we have an 808 phone number without changing cell phone numbers and yes, we can forward it to a cell phone if we want. It was installed before we arrived, the landlord let them in and it was good to go upon our arrival. WOW just WOW.

Signed,
Happy Customer and Newest Hilo Resident.

Last edited by HiloDiver; 08-24-2012 at 12:23 AM..

Old 08-24-2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Well, it's our first night in our new home; I'm outside on the lanai typing on my laptop using our new Hawai'i Telecom internet using the free wireless router that came with it, and OH MY GOSH it is lightning fast!!!
Aloha, and welcome to your new home. I'm really happy everything has gone so well for you. As the saying goes... "I love it when a plan comes together."

All the best,
OpenD

Old 08-24-2012, 01:11 AM

Thank you OD!!! Things sure are coming together for us...we are blessed.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:36 PM

97 posts, read 279,243 times
Quote:
Well, it's our first night in our new home; I'm outside on the lanai typing on my laptop using our new Hawai'i Telecom internet using the free wireless router that came with it, and OH MY GOSH it is lightning fast!!! I've used T1 lines on the mainland in previous jobs and have never seen photos, pages, even YouTube videos load so quickly. This is AWESOME. The cheap bundled landline is terrific too. Now we have an 808 phone number without changing cell phone numbers and yes, we can forward it to a cell phone if we want. It was installed before we arrived, the landlord let them in and it was good to go upon our arrival. WOW just WOW.

Signed,

Congrats on your move and welcome to Hilo!

Old 11-09-2013, 09:57 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,275,715 times
Quote:

Signed,
It's good there was finally a happy ending to this story. It's been over a year since the last post in this thread. Has access to DSL or the cable Internet reliability improved in the Hilo area, and the Big Island in general in the past year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island