Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 10:32 PM

76 posts, read 154,235 times

Advertisements

Hmm
Come on I can't believe nobody even mentioned my favorite, New Belgium Brewery, ie Fat Tire, (but my favorite of theirs is Belgo). Technically I think it is now too big to be considered a microbrewery and sadly, I did not find it on Maui. Living in Ft Collins we have micro breweries on every corner it seems, so I suppose I could be spoiled but I liked the Maui brewery. I wanted to get one of their growlers, but they were out at the time- those were cool looking. Something to look into for my next trip I suppose. Maybe the "tour de Fat" should go to Hawaii.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 11:47 PM

24 posts, read 29,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanormun View Post
Hmm
Come on I can't believe nobody even mentioned my favorite, New Belgium Brewery, ie Fat Tire, (but my favorite of theirs is Belgo). Technically I think it is now too big to be considered a microbrewery and sadly, I did not find it on Maui. Living in Ft Collins we have micro breweries on every corner it seems, so I suppose I could be spoiled but I liked the Maui brewery. I wanted to get one of their growlers, but they were out at the time- those were cool looking. Something to look into for my next trip I suppose. Maybe the "tour de Fat" should go to Hawaii.
I love Fat Tire. That toasted malt flavor is ssssooooo good. Their Lips of Faith is good.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:04 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmkolohe View Post
They are updating their Facebook page with progress reports on their "expansion," so take a look there for pics (the Big Island Brewhaus page, not the "Friends of" page--they don't update that one anymore.)
It's odd, they have three pages on FB. Besides the "Friends of" page they also have two pages for the Brewhaus... one with over 600 Likes that they haven't maintained since November except for one post in March, and another with the same logo that they are currently maintaining, which only has a couple hundred likes. That's confusing.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:34 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,304,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
It's odd, they have three pages on FB. Besides the "Friends of" page they also have two pages for the Brewhaus... one with over 600 Likes that they haven't maintained since November except for one post in March, and another with the same logo that they are currently maintaining, which only has a couple hundred likes. That's confusing.
I'll mention it to Jayne when I see her again. I think she can merge the two with the same name together.

Bottles are at Kameula Liquor now (the White Mountain Porter)... hope they bottle their IPA next!

Old 04-24-2013, 11:07 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
This is not good news... the creditors have now petitioned the court for Chapter 7 liquidation of Hawaii Nui Brewing / Mehana Brewing...

Hawaii Nui Brewing creditors ask judge to convert bankruptcy to Ch. 7 - Pacific Business News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island