Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 05:23 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Hmm, well, since it's unlikely that you'll ever collect any money from her is it worth keeping yourself in a state of upset or frustration over it? I'd think it would be doing you more emotional harm than good by this time - especially since no gain of any kind seems likely, but I'm not a psychologist so my opinion of this is probably not worth much.
I just call for an update every few months. It's not that much emotional harm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 01:52 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,038,603 times
Oh, well, that's good then. I've known some folks that grab a hurt to themselves and never let it go. It just kinda festers and causes more trouble but for some folks it's like they're defined by their hurts and won't give them up. I'm glad you won't be getting any further hurt by this whole thing.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:25 AM

100 posts, read 227,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
I don't expect to ever get a penny from this woman because she is a loser, but I'd like to make life harder for her as much as possible.
I guess you could put on some dark clothes and a hoodie and find what ghetto slum she is dwelling in and commit a few felonies ?

or keep giving the case to collection agencies they can look her up and figure out there is no money and ignore your calls.

---OR.. You could move on with your life and write it off as a life lesson, forget about it and find peace and fill the revenge thoughts with loving thoughts about your family.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blendin View Post
I guess you could put on some dark clothes and a hoodie and find what ghetto slum she is dwelling in and commit a few felonies ?

or keep giving the case to collection agencies they can look her up and figure out there is no money and ignore your calls.

---OR.. You could move on with your life and write it off as a life lesson, forget about it and find peace and fill the revenge thoughts with loving thoughts about your family.
I believe in justice.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
I believe in justice.
Well the person is seems to be living on the fringe of the system when conventional bill collectors do not go.

You are going to have to go with the dark cloths and hoodie.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:59 PM

834 posts, read 1,218,079 times
Quote:
I don't expect to ever get a penny from this woman because she is a loser, but I'd like to make life harder for her as much as possible.
That you can do. Up to the equivalent in time & effort of $5,000, the amount she owes you. Local collection agencies have the 'aloha' disease. Nothing compared to Arizona or Texas ones

Mentally write the debt off. This person is a loser and will further tax the system. Most likely she drives uninsured again, doesn't pay credit cards, does drugs, etc.

To calm your anger and frustration as a victim, there are other 'things' you can do. Not per se illegal but annoying and lowering the quality of life for the culprit.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
That you can do. Up to the equivalent in time & effort of $5,000, the amount she owes you. Local collection agencies have the 'aloha' disease. Nothing compared to Arizona or Texas ones

Mentally write the debt off. This person is a loser and will further tax the system. Most likely she drives uninsured again, doesn't pay credit cards, does drugs, etc.

To calm your anger and frustration as a victim, there are other 'things' you can do. Not per se illegal but annoying and lowering the quality of life for the culprit.
What things? legal and illegal ideas wanted!

Old 07-24-2014, 12:15 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,277,820 times
Quote:
What things? legal and illegal ideas wanted!
It would cost you more money, but maybe it would be worth the price. If she's driving without insurance, is there a way you can discover that information? I don't know if the police or government cares or has any concerns about inforcing the laws requiring auto insurance. There seems to be a lot of concern about safety inspections, but maybe that's just a scam to collect money.

Is it possible she could be collecting disability without being disabled? It would cost something to discover that information. Sometimes people are caught falsely claiming disability and get in trouble.

Does she drive without a valid drivers license? If she does that, maybe someone would care.

Is it possible to report the debt to the three credit bureaus? Maybe that could lower her credit score.

I don't know if it would be legal to mail letters to all her neighbors about the debt.

There are low-life people that cause trouble in society, but not enough trouble so that the legal system and government can't be bothered because its just background noise compared to the more serious problems. Unfortunately, the low-life person will probably just skate through life being untouched.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
It would cost you more money, but maybe it would be worth the price. If she's driving without insurance, is there a way you can discover that information? I don't know if the police or government cares or has any concerns about inforcing the laws requiring auto insurance. There seems to be a lot of concern about safety inspections, but maybe that's just a scam to collect money.

Is it possible she could be collecting disability without being disabled? It would cost something to discover that information. Sometimes people are caught falsely claiming disability and get in trouble.

Does she drive without a valid drivers license? If she does that, maybe someone would care.

Is it possible to report the debt to the three credit bureaus? Maybe that could lower her credit score.

I don't know if it would be legal to mail letters to all her neighbors about the debt.

There are low-life people that cause trouble in society, but not enough trouble so that the legal system and government can't be bothered because its just background noise compared to the more serious problems. Unfortunately, the low-life person will probably just skate through life being untouched.
Sounds like throwing rocks from a glass house at a wooden shack.

With any kind of attacks you have to count on some repercussions, Hawaii is small it would not take much for people to figure out who is making "anonymous" calls or trying to sabotage someones life. Then expect some return blows.

fyi- the mail all her neighbors is very illegal.

Reminds me of a twisted movie plot, normal person gets shafted for a few bucks and becomes a quadruple felon, kidnapper, murder by the end of the movie, maybe falls in love with the girls meth dealer ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: