Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 04:18 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,558,762 times

Advertisements

sexual predators everywhere. per capita, probably poor regions have a higher %.

But 7? Try looking at a map of honolulu.

Overall, you really get what you pay for, especially in hawaii. People dont pay hundreds of thousands more for other regions for no reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 05:07 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post

But 7?
At the time of the post - 7 in one neighborhood

Old 06-10-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
At the time of the post - 7 in one neighborhood
lol pretty sure there's more than 7 just in the average condo in honolulu.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:00 PM

17 posts, read 19,946 times
Normalcy on the Big Island...? Not here. Puna used to be a great place to grow, love, and learn. Sadly it has lost it's way with the changing times and acceptance of less than desirable neighbors. Please be careful, for you and your family's sake. We ourselves came with the best intentions; we wipl not be travelling down that particular gold paved road a
nytime again. Good luck.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLieland View Post
Normalcy on the Big Island...? Not here. Puna used to be a great place to grow, love, and learn. Sadly it has lost it's way with the changing times and acceptance of less than desirable neighbors. Please be careful, for you and your family's sake. We ourselves came with the best intentions; we wipl not be travelling down that particular gold paved road a
nytime again. Good luck.
i think drug problems, especially crystal meth contributed more to the decline of puna and other areas across the state. Way moreso than neighbors moving in from out of state. my family is originally from the big island, and the big island now is nothing like what it used to be before. you have to go to hilo to even get a taste of old time big island, and even a lot of that is changing.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:22 PM

4 posts, read 3,801 times
Hello.
So in this current date and time, what IS the situation in Puna?
Are there any decent subdivisions?
Are there certain ones to ABSOLUTELY avoid? (from my on line searches and Google-map tours IMO the HPP and Nanawale and Leilani areas all pretty sketchy, and Ainaloa CC&R's bummed me out).

My mate and I (2 fit and sturdy 50-year olds looking to start new) are searching for a plot of land with/without starter cabin to lay claim to and build a small home in which he and I can love one another, our neighbors, and the land. We come highly educated and completely burned-out on American mainstream (mainland) lifestyle and attitudes. My mate has years of experience living off-grid in places like New Mexico and even Alaska.

We fell in love (well at least a strong in-like) with Hilo, but find it too expensive to wade into just yet.

Looking for advice as we prepare to move come November 2019.

Thank you ahead of time for any input.

Namaste--

-J

Old 07-12-2019, 06:33 PM

10,559 posts, read 7,758,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgirlktown View Post
Hello.
So in this current date and time, what IS the situation in Puna?
Are there any decent subdivisions?
Are there certain ones to ABSOLUTELY avoid? (from my on line searches and Google-map tours IMO the HPP and Nanawale and Leilani areas all pretty sketchy, and Ainaloa CC&R's bummed me out).

My mate and I (2 fit and sturdy 50-year olds looking to start new) are searching for a plot of land with/without starter cabin to lay claim to and build a small home in which he and I can love one another, our neighbors, and the land. We come highly educated and completely burned-out on American mainstream (mainland) lifestyle and attitudes. My mate has years of experience living off-grid in places like New Mexico and even Alaska.

We fell in love (well at least a strong in-like) with Hilo, but find it too expensive to wade into just yet.

Looking for advice as we prepare to move come November 2019.

Thank you ahead of time for any input.

Namaste--

-J
You might want to start a new, separate thread in this forum to expand/elaborate on your concerns because I suspect you're not so worried about sexual predators at age 50 with no kids?

I don't know what leads you to believe those subdivisions are sketchy. Tough to call out any one place as bad/good IMO. Your experience would be highly influenced by the most immediate neighbors, of which the quality can range from great to terrible just about anywhere in Puna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island