Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 11:40 AM

65 posts, read 68,109 times

Advertisements

I've heard about Hawai'ian ghosts or haunted places three different times now from three different sources, and that has me curious. ARE THEY REAL!?!?!?!? Ahem, I mean, I've read a bit about Hawai'ian culture and what not but never encountered anything about ghosts or spirits like ghosts. Does anyone know more about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 12:44 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,593,201 times
You might try this;

https://www.city-data.com/forum/hawai...out-there.html

I've heard quite a few more over the recent year or so, but don't post here quite as much as I used to.

Okolemaluna

Happy 'ilimoa............

Old 07-19-2017, 03:11 PM

961 posts, read 1,224,754 times
And who could forget this classic one:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/hawai...ighlight=obake

Old 07-19-2017, 05:08 PM

65 posts, read 87,607 times
I went to visit the Mo'okini Heiau. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohala...State_Monument

My wife mentioned this to someone and they turned white as a ghost. "He didnt bring any rocks back did he?"

My wife thought he was worried I damaged a historical site but he really thought I might have brought back some ghosts with me since they did human sacrifices there.

Didnt see any ghosts unfortunately.

Which ones are the ghosts that walk around the island? Night marchers or something like that? You have to dive to the ground and cover your face to avoid being slaughtered if you see them?

Superstition, belief in ghosts and demons are quite high here.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:59 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,120,678 times
Glen Grant used to do ghost tours on the trolleys on Oahu. The graveyard next to TGI Fridays he said wasn't haunted, however he said there's a ghost server at TGI Fridays that would come take your order and then never be seen again.

There's also the woman combing her hair at the drive in, when she combs the hair away from her face, she has no face. That was the drive in that used to be over by Kaimuki.

A friend of mine used to work nights at the Prince Kuhio mall doing maintenance. He saw someone walking down the main mall area who was just too far away to talk to. He followed the person so he could ask what they were doing there after the mall was closed and the fellow had turned into the entrance to Liberty House. When my friend turned the corner to see where the guy was, all he found was the grill down across the entry way and no place for the guy to have gone. He said it wasn't a ghost because he doesn't believe in ghosts. Also, if it had been during the day, he wouldn't have noticed the guy at all.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:33 PM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,176,097 times
I've sat and listened to a few born and raised local folks at work talk pretty matter-of-factly about ghosts. They were talying amongst themselves and not trying to put one over on the malahini.
Was a pretty interesting discussion and though I am a sceptic, I must admit I was intrigued; particularly when they were talking about what they called the black ghosts.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:36 PM

10,952 posts, read 7,496,657 times
I suspect there are as many ghosts here as anyplace else.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:09 PM

308 posts, read 412,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassyknoll View Post
I've sat and listened to a few born and raised local folks at work talk pretty matter-of-factly about ghosts. They were talying amongst themselves and not trying to put one over on the malahini.
Was a pretty interesting discussion and though I am a sceptic, I must admit I was intrigued; particularly when they were talking about what they called the black ghosts.
Could you please tell me what a "black ghost" is?

Old 07-24-2017, 03:17 PM

12,120 posts, read 18,005,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
The graveyard next to TGI Fridays he said wasn't haunted, however he said there's a ghost server at TGI Fridays that would come take your order and then never be seen again.
In case anyone is wondering where this "TGI Friday" is and the graveyard, the TGI Fridays has been long long long gone but was located at King/Ward and the graveyard is back behind the Honolulu club

Old 07-24-2017, 03:18 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,570,710 times
possibly referring to the pressing ghost
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island