Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 09:31 PM

Location: I'm in the living room. That's kind of a weird question to ask.
61 posts, read 51,535 times

Advertisements

Does anyone on Big Island use an isolation tank?

Im thinking about building a homemade version and thought id ask here first.

My plan is to use a round plastic tank / small pool of about 7' feet (since space isnt really an issue), Epsom salt, harvested rain water and ill heat it with a solar powered thermosiphon.

Anyone know if ill run into any issues with getting the solution to move through the thermosiphon?
Ill probably use 3/4" inch food grade garden hoses but can go as large as required with PVC.

Happy floating.

No haters please...

Thanks,

Mr. P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 10:21 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,988,382 times
Sounds like something from the Blacklist. (It’s a TV show or those on BI without means)

Old 11-26-2017, 11:04 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,610,861 times
Don't know about "The Blacklist", but "isolation tank" reminds me of some kind of torture? Sorry if you think I'm a hater, just seems very weird.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:33 PM

10,654 posts, read 7,870,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Sounds like something from the Blacklist. (It’s a TV show or those on BI without means)
Or "Stranger Things".

Not torture for those seeking an out of body experience.

Just drop some acid-less work and cost.

Sorry, no help here. Not exactly a garden variety activity..

Old 11-26-2017, 11:41 PM

Actually, I did something sort of similar to this about 25 years ago, (won't go into that), Acid or magic mushrooms work much better and are much less complicated and easier to recover from.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:43 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,106,558 times
Why would we want to? Isn't it more fun to get a hot tub and have friends over? Especially if you're within a pizza delivery zone.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:52 PM

Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Why would we want to? Isn't it more fun to get a hot tub and have friends over? Especially if you're within a pizza delivery zone.
LOL
Oh you regular posters are a hoot!
But for some reason i expected a better quip out of you guys.
Please try harder next time.

I should have stuck to gardening questions, road grading discussions or queries about why the #9 spark plug on my Dodge is fouled, again.

Sorry, that Dodge question is for a different forum.

Please, go about your business, nothing to see here folks. LOL

Its medical, Ive got a neck/ spinal cord injury and any chance to stretch out and decompress the verts is well worth the trouble.
Sorry its not about getting high.
But please do tell an interesting story that starts with; one time i was sooo high or one time i woke up in jail, again or one time i said this thing that was so funny.
Those stories are always the best.

No worries, im sure someone has one that can speak from experience.

Thanks for the laughs.

Mr. P

Last edited by Misterperfect; 11-27-2017 at 12:28 AM..

Old 11-27-2017, 12:07 AM

Yeah, life's much better now, got a real pool. Still no delivered pizza here though.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
Yeah, life's much better now, got a real pool. Still no delivered pizza here though.
So do you have any info about thermosiphoning salt water, pool cleaning or getting pizza delivered?

But start with the pizza question first...

Old 11-27-2017, 10:18 AM

268 posts, read 385,313 times
I have to admit, I never heard the word thermosiphon before. It's name is self descriptive but I looked it up anyway. Nice to learn new words.

I really doubt your going to find someone on this forum experienced in building one. Kind of a limited audience for such an unusual project. A previous poster was right on when mentioning the TV show Stranger Things. Here are some instructions:

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1753...as-not-far-off
Attached Thumbnails
Isolation Tank-413f7ec4-ff8b-427b-b75f-5957f6386c89.jpeg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island