Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 10:53 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times

Advertisements

I'm starting to wonder with this alleged shakedown on realtor compensation if they are the ones really having the last laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 06:17 PM

24 posts, read 17,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskannate View Post
Some realtors are worth every penny, others arent worth the air they breathe. As such with any profession. I have talked/worked with about a dozen realtors over the past year, looking at many homes across the US. Only 2 realtors have been outstanding. And the last one, Lea Wilson from Hawaii Real Estate Team has been great. I told her up front that I was just kicking tires about moving to Hawaii but that didnt stop her from answering every question I had about a few homes. She was even willing to go take more pictures of the houses knowing it may not come to anything. The realtor I had before her in Anchorage, he was the worst, thought just because I could afford a home worth X amount, that is what I should spend. Got upset when we kept telling him that his million dollar homes look like ass. We finally put an offer on a house that needed to be finished and he wanted nothing to do with it, told us the commission is a lot lower than a million dollar home and he would have to work harder for it.

With realtors, in my experience, you need to test drive them first before anything is signed. At least interview them, see what they have sold/bought for their clients. If they think that is beneath them, then move on.
I totally agree.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
I've never paid a realtor a penny from any property I've sold. I passed the cost onto the buyer in the purchase price. You sure I'm the one who knows nothing about real estate?

The buyer might have been under the illusion I was paying the commission because it appeared that way as a line item in a stack of paperwork, but ALL of that was added onto the price they paid for the house, or the beans otherwise moved when negotiating about repairs, other items included, etc.
Not to argue but buying or selling anything is a numbers game. It sounds to me like you didn’t ask enough for your property if the buyers “willingly” paid the commission. If you just added it to the purchase price, then you didn’t ask a high enough price for your property.

You can spin it different ways to give an “illusion” but that’s really all it is. A good realtor, not some idiot that works part time, but a good realtor is worth every penny, no matter who’s you think is paying them.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:54 PM

I will tell you who I’d never use is LORI HENBEST with Windermere C and H Properties.

Totally unprofessional and zero customer service skills in my opinion.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:43 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,031,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankjake View Post
I will tell you who I’d never use is L- with W- C and H Properties.

Totally unprofessional and zero customer service skills in my opinion.
Usually, when living on an island, one tries really hard not to directly say bad things about other folks since we're all on one island and all have to get along with everyone. Saying nice things about the good folks is usually what's done and if someone asks for a reference on 'less than optimum' folks, the answer is deferred or just avoided. Especially in a public forum or in a public place.

Between friends, offline and where it can't be recorded, well. That's when you can get the down and dirty without causing social upset.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Usually, when living on an island, one tries really hard not to directly say bad things about other folks since we're all on one island and all have to get along with everyone. Saying nice things about the good folks is usually what's done and if someone asks for a reference on 'less than optimum' folks, the answer is deferred or just avoided. Especially in a public forum or in a public place.

Between friends, offline and where it can't be recorded, well. That's when you can get the down and dirty without causing social upset.
I do agree with you but not in this case. Some people need to be pointed out so others can make a more informed decision, especially when it involves your home, family and finances. Maybe someday you’ll get to hear the whole story. Take care and thank you for your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: