Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:04 PM

850 posts, read 4,363,300 times

Advertisements

you're on a roll tonight, hotzcatz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 07:22 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,595,659 times
Default No government sponsered vacation for me.

After the red left my eyes I re-read the court document. The fine print says serving on a jury is a valid excuse for getting out of more jury duty. It also said: "however, if you'd like to serve, leave page blank". Fat chance. I'll just stay here in Puna and garden. Hmm, I wonder if my house would hold 800 plants.

Last edited by leilaniguy; 11-21-2008 at 07:34 AM..

Old 11-21-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
After the red left my eyes I re-read the court document. The fine print says serving on a jury is a valid excuse for getting out of more jury duty. It also said: "however, if you'd like to serve, leave page blank". Fat chance.
say it isn't so?! you mean you could have gotten out of the other jury services as well? must always read the fine print.

Quote:
I'll just stay here in Puna and garden. Hmm, I wonder if my house would hold 800 plants.
guess that would depend on the acreage/greenhouses?

Old 11-21-2008, 05:17 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,595,659 times
I didn't have that option before. The first trial was dismissed late on the first day because the police lost the evidence. The second one was settled a day before trial. Apparently neither time was considered serving.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:09 PM

now that's a bummer! at least now you can spend time in your garden/greenhouses.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:07 PM

3 posts, read 8,560 times
Aloha and a great big THANK YOU TO PADDYWAGONS and LEILANI GUY for all their informed assistance. You know what they say about opinions! This helps me out a great deal.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,244 times
Leilaniguy is on it. I always tell people to just visit the Police Station in Keaau or Pahoa. Even talk to the Comunity Policing Officer that covers the subdivision, You will get the real scoop

Old 08-14-2009, 06:40 PM

3 posts, read 8,560 times
A-L-O-H-A! Ya'all
Sorry it takes me so long to reply- sometimes I am lame. Any who, FYI, I was over there last winter and went to a couple community association meetings (Nanawale). This is a great place to get the real scoop on things. Thats where they do their reports on the reports of whats happening. One of the meetings (Jan.) the Pahoa police were there to report that things were going well in Nanawale. ..And then you hear all the horrible stuff from various people. What to believe? Well... talk to the people that live there and find out. The folks that run the community association were great and they have been there a long time. Very nice. Wish I was there!! Stuck in Wash. and trying to get "back to the Island.."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island