Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:23 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times

Advertisements

My wife and I joke that a Sex Toy Superstore at the Summit would go like gangbusters, especially if it had a private entrance in the back. Don't know if that will happen or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 10:49 AM

2,450 posts, read 5,600,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
My wife and I joke that a Sex Toy Superstore at the Summit would go like gangbusters, especially if it had a private entrance in the back. Don't know if that will happen or not.
Maybe it could be in the basement of a new Church of the Summit.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:17 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,920 times
Maybe that's what they're putting up in the place of Sweet Bones/On the Border.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:14 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,346,318 times
I'm really surprised that H&M hasn't opened in Birmingham. I think there is one in Huntsville now, and if it's there, I could totally see it being in B-ham as well.

Even though I don't live there, I think you guys would totally love Harris Teeter.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:44 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
I'm really surprised that H&M hasn't opened in Birmingham. I think there is one in Huntsville now, and if it's there, I could totally see it being in B-ham as well.

Even though I don't live there, I think you guys would totally love Harris Teeter.
Probably because Harris Teeter is looking at the competitive situation and saying, "No Thanks." They're a more upscale format, and it's hard to go up against Publix, Winn-Dixie, Piggly Wiggly, Wal-Mart, Target, Whole Foods, Freshmarket, the former Brunos, and homegrown people such as Western. They would have to drop 5-8 stores into the market to really get the economies of scale in marketing.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:57 AM

522 posts, read 846,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Maybe that's what they're putting up in the place of Sweet Bones/On the Border.
Seasons 52 is opening at The Summit.

There are many new retailers looking to expand in town, and some have been waiting for the perfect spot to set up shop. For example, Jared the Galleria of Jewelry is opening its 1sta Alabama location next month after waiting to open here for 5real years, and the success of this location will determine another Birmingham location, as well as, locations in Huntsville and Montgomery in about 4-5 years.

Other new openings include:
-Sur La Table
-Michael Kors
-The North Face
-Vineyard Vines
-Pappadeaux(coming soon)
-World of Beer(coming soon)
-more Dunkin Donuts(coming soon)

Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 PM

88 posts, read 159,237 times
Teavana was mentioned, isn't there one in the Galleria - ?

The only store I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is Topshop, though I don't think they have a huge US presence anyhow...they do have an affiliation with Nordstrom though, so I guess if we got the full-service Nordstrom then there would be a chance for a Topshop also.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Miv

156 posts, read 350,956 times
I just wish that SOMETHING of quality/upscale would open up within Birmingham city limits.

I HATE driving and I shouldn't have to drive to the Summit, Hoover, Mt. Brook, or Trussville in order to shop properly.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:20 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,287,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miv View Post
I just wish that SOMETHING of quality/upscale would open up within Birmingham city limits.

I HATE driving and I shouldn't have to drive to the Summit, Hoover, Mt. Brook, or Trussville in order to shop properly.
Point of Order: The Summit is in the Birmingham City Limits.

So is the River Ridge shopping center on 280 (Target, Best Buy, etc.), and the Brook Highland shopping center (what remains therein) a bit further down 280.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:41 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,084,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeon_RM View Post
Teavana was mentioned, isn't there one in the Galleria - ?

The only store I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is Topshop, though I don't think they have a huge US presence anyhow...they do have an affiliation with Nordstrom though, so I guess if we got the full-service Nordstrom then there would be a chance for a Topshop also.

Teavana has been mentioned a good bit lately since Starbucks decided to buy it. I suppose the one at Galleria is the only one.

raj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area